Sunday, August 14, 2005

[World Soccer Club] Digest Number 1569

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/tsUolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

There are 14 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. United make impressive start
From: Jeremy Van <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
2. Saviola secures Sevilla switch
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
3. Simons to bolster Belgium
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
4. Ilie lands at Germinal Beerschot
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
5. Genk recovery denies Metalurgs
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
6. First-half goals give Anderlecht advantage
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
7. Iversen hands Vålerenga victory
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
8. Red Devils looking for Gooch?
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
9. Edman takes swipe at Ferdinand
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
10. Mudingayi ecstatic for Lazio adventure
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
11. Guardiola set for City trial
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
12. Re: United make impressive start
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
13. Re: Iversen hands Vålerenga victory
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
14. Re: Edman takes swipe at Ferdinand
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 20:19:10 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jeremy Van <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: United make impressive start

Manchester United made a triumphant start to the new
English Premiership campaign with a 2-0 victory over
fellow Champions League hopefuls Everton, while there
were also opening-day wins for Tottenham Hotspur,
Charlton Athletic and newcomers West Ham United.

Scoring return
Ruud van Nistelrooij scored the first goal of the
English top-flight season when he gave United the lead
at Goodison Park, in the first game of the day. The
Dutch striker broke the deadlock just before the
break, converting John O'Shea's low cross from close
range. Sir Alex Ferguson's side's second goal was
rather more fortuitous. Everton's Nigerian defender
Joseph Yobo played a stray pass on the edge of his own
penalty area and English international Wayne Rooney
was on hand to score against his former club within a
minute of the restart.

Early goals
Four goals in six minutes failed to produce a winner
between Aston Villa and UEFA Cup participants Bolton
Wanderers. Kevin Phillips, making his Villa bow,
scored after five minutes, but Bolton hit back through
Kevin Davies on eight minutes and Ivan Campo's tenth
minute effort. Steven Davis completed the scoring when
he levelled the scores again a minute later.

Long-awaited win
Martin Jol's Tottenham side overcame Portsmouth to
claim their first league win at Fratton Park since
1956. Andy Griffin put through his own net to give the
visitors the lead in first-half added time, before
English international Jermain Defoe sealed the points
for Tottenham when he rounded Sander Westerfeld to
score on 64 minutes.

Newcomers triumph
West Ham United came from a goal behind to record a
winning return to the Premiership, after a two-year
absence, against Blackburn Rovers. Andy Todd had given
Blackburn an 18th minute lead before the Championship
play-off winners hit back through Teddy Sheringham,
Nigel Reo-Coker and Matthew Etherington. Blackburn's
misery was compounded when substitute Paul Dickov was
dismissed late on.

Debut joy
Two goals from summer signing Darren Bent helped
Charlton win at newly-promoted Sunderland. The €3.7m
purchase from Ipswich Town scored after eleven minutes
of his first competitive start before another
debutant, Andy Gray, equalised for Sunderland. Danny
Murphy regained Charlton's lead, despite having Darren
Ambrose sent off, before Bent sealed victory in added
time. Elsewhere, Fulham against Birmingham and
Manchester City's encounter with West Bromwich Albion
both ended goalless.

Standing:
1. Charlton Athletic... 1 1 0 0 3-1 3
2. West Ham United..... 1 1 0 0 3-1 3
3. Manchester United... 1 1 0 0 2-0 3
4. Tottenham Hotspur... 1 1 0 0 2-0 3
5. Aston Villa......... 1 0 1 0 2-2 1
6. Bolton Wanderers.... 1 0 1 0 2-2 1
7. Birmingham.......... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
8. Fulham.............. 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
9. Liverpool........... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
10.Manchester City..... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
11.Middlesbrough....... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
12.West Brom........... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
13.Arsenal............. 0 0 0 0 0-0 0
14.Chelsea............. 0 0 0 0 0-0 0
15.Newcastle United.... 0 0 0 0 0-0 0
16.Wigan............... 0 0 0 0 0-0 0
17.Blackburn Rovers.... 1 0 0 1 1-3 0
18.Sunderland.......... 1 0 0 1 1-3 0
19.Everton............. 1 0 0 1 0-2 0
20.Portsmouth.......... 1 0 0 1 0-2 0

******************************

A good start for Spurs, they are not allowed to fuck
up again this season!



___________________________________________________________________________
Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger
Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:22:03 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Saviola secures Sevilla switch

Argentinean striker Javier Saviola has been unveiled at Sevilla after
sealing a season-long loan deal from Barcelona.

Striking vacancy
Sevilla, who are celebrating their centenary year, have been
searching for a new forward since Brazilian international Julio
Baptista joined Real Madrid last month. But coach Juande Ramos
believes the wait was worth it and that in Saviola, they have found
the ideal replacement, and a perfect compliment for Luis Fabiano in
attack.

'Right footing'
Saviola is keen to accomplish his new coach's aspirations and hopes
to make a quick impact. "This is about finding a city where I feel
comfortable and welcomed," he said. "I hope I can adapt to my new
surroundings as quickly as possible because the most important thing
is getting the season off on the right footing."

Unsettled spell
The 23-year-old scored 17 goals on loan at Ligue 1 outfit AS Monaco
last term but was told that there was little chance of him retaining
a first-team place when he returned last month. It was another blow
to the youngster who has never been allowed to fulfil his well-
regarded potential since joining Barça from River Plate in 2002.

*****************************

Good he left. Sevilla is a very good choice.
He should even consider leaving Cataluna for good.

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:31:41 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Simons to bolster Belgium

Timmy Simons and Vincent Kompany are back in coach Aimé Anthuenis's
Belgium squad for the friendly against Greece next Wednesday.

Sonck injured
Simons returns from injury and Kompany following suspension as
Anthuenis sticks with the tried-and-tested for the match in Brussels.
Other returnees are Olivier Doll, Jelle Van Damme and goalkeeper
Frédéric Herpoel. However, Wesley Sonck and Peter Van der Heyden are
injured, while Hans Cornelis, Birger Maertens and Carl Hoefkens are
left out for tactical reasons.

Belgium squad
Silvio Proto (Anderlecht), Frederic Herpoel (Gent), Vincent Kompany
(Anderlecht), Olivier Doll (Lokeren), Olivier Deschacht (Anderlecht),
Phillipe Léonard (Standard), Daniel Van Buyten (Hamburg), Anthony
Vanden Borre (Anderlecht), Jelle Van Damme (Werder Bremen), Roberto
Bisconti (Nice), Philipe Clement (Club Brugge), Koen Daerden (Genk),
Karel Geraerts (Standard), Yves Vanderhaeghe (Anderlecht), Timmy
Simons (PSV Eindhoven), Thomas Buffel (Rangers), Mbo Mpenza
(Anderlecht), Emile Mpenza (Hamburg), Luigi Pieroni (Auxerre), Kevin
Vandenbergh (Genk).

***********************************

It will probably be a boring game against a super defensive Greece...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:34:32 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Ilie lands at Germinal Beerschot

Belgian Cup holders Germinal Beerschot Antwerpen have recruited
Romanian international forward Adrian Ilie on a free transfer.

Medical pending
The 31-year-old former Valencia and Steaua Bucuresti player has
signed a one-year contract with the UEFA Cup entrants, subject to a
successful medical.

Much travelled
Ilie, capped 55 times by his country, has been without a club since
leaving Switzerland's FC Zürich where he scored seven goals in 23
games last season. The striker has also played for Galatasaray,
Besiktas and Alavés.

*****************************

Now that's a big surprise!
Sure he isn't the great player he used to be at Steaua and Valencia,
but still.
It's great to have this big name playing here.
We are not the EPL after all ;)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:37:52 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Genk recovery denies Metalurgs

KRC Genk recovered from conceding an early goal to earn a 2-3 victory
against a resilient Liepajas Metalurgs side in Latvia.

Second-half comeback
Kevin Vanderbergh, Koen Daerden and Nenad Stojanovic were all on
target in the second half, as the Belgian side were forced to bounce
back after a sluggish start. A shock had looked on the cards when
Mindaugas Kalonas gave the Latvian league leaders a 15th-minute lead
and although Viktors Dobrecovs reduced the deficit from the penalty
spot late on, Metalurgs will be up against it in the second leg on 25
August.

Metalurgs momentum
On course to end FC Skonto's 14-year hold on the Latvian First
Division title, Metalurgs began confidentially and were soon testing
Jan Moons. The Genk goalkeeper did brilliantly to twice deny
Aleksandr Katasonov before ten minutes had elapsed but he was
helpless soon afterwards when a fine run from Edijs Danilovs opened
up the defence and teed up Kalonas to slot in.

Dobrecovs misses
Genk's season is still in its infancy, and the visitors struggled to
keep up with the high-tempo start to the match. Only Daerden posed
any sort of threat before the interval, and his blistering shot
almost crept inside the post midway through the first half. It proved
a fleeting chance though and Metalurgs soon regained the initiative,
with Dobrecovs spurning two decent opportunities.

Fine strikes
Such profligacy seldom goes unpunished and just two minutes after the
restart, Vandenbergh finished off a fine passing move to equalise.
Daerden then made it 2-1 before the hour with a spectacular 25-metre
effort before substitute Nenad Stojanovic extended the lead with nine
minutes remaining, rifling in from the edge of the penalty area.

Late hope
That goal finally silenced the home fans, but they soon rediscovered
their voices when Danish defender Brian Priske brought down Katasonov
and Dobrecovs converted the resulting spot-kick to give the Latvian
side hope for the return leg in Belgium.

*************************

That was just a narrow victory, but good enough for a future
qualification and points for our Belgian coefficient.

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 6
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:41:34 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: First-half goals give Anderlecht advantage

First-half goals from Bart Goor and Mbo Mpenza gave RSC Anderlecht a
narrow 2-1 advantage against Slavia Praha after the first leg of
their Champions League third qualifying round tie in Belgium.

Quick start
Last season's Belgian runners-up produced an impressive performance
on home soil, and attacked from the opening moments with Goor putting
an effort just over and Hannu Tihinen being denied by goalkeeper
Matúš Kozáèik. But it took just six minutes for them to make the
breakthrough as Goor latched on to Par Zetterberg's long through-ball
and beat the offside trap to slide a low shot into the corner of the
net.

Clever lob
The Czech visitors tried to respond immediately, and Stanislav Vlèek
saw a header saved by Anderlecht goalkeeper Daniel Zitka before
Patrick Gedeon fired just wide. Slavia did find an equaliser in the
21st minute, however, as Marek Suchý played a smart pass into Lukáš
Jarolím, who had time to size up his options before launching a lob
over Zitka but under the crossbar.

Mpenza header
Jarolím also had a hand in the next goal 17 minutes later, but
unfortunately for him and his team it came at the other end. The
Czech midfield player's foul on Zetterberg right on the edge of the
penalty area allowed Goor to float a free-kick on to the head of
Mpenza, and the striker planted a header just inside the post.

Chances at both ends
Anderlecht continued to push forward after the break, with Kozáèik
stretching to keep out Goor's low driven shot, but Slavia looked
dangerous on the counterattack and Vlèek was centimetres away from an
equaliser when his attempt from the edge of the area flashed the
wrong side of the woodwork.

Attacking alteration
Anderlecht coach Franky Vercauteren introduced Christian Wilhelmsson
and Walter Baseggio in the final stages of the game as he sought to
establish a greater cushion for the return on 24 August, and it
almost came in the last minute. Ivan Kováè slipped, allowing Serhat
Akin a shot on goal, but the Turkish forward fired wide and the
Belgian side were forced to settle for a 2-1 scoreline ahead of the
second leg.

****************************

It's only a 2-1 home victory, but I believe Anderlecht are a far
better team and should qualify in the Czech Republic in two weeks.

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 7
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:47:14 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Iversen hands Vålerenga victory

A second-half goal from Steffen Iversen was enough to hand Vålerenga
the advantage at the halfway stage of their Champions third
qualifying round tie with Club Brugge.

Victory deserved
After nearly an hour of stalemate, Iversen scored to ensure a
deserved win for the Norwegian side against the Belgian champions and
they will travel for the second leg at the Jan Breydelstadion on 24
August in confident mood after managing not to concede an away goal.

Valgaren unlucky
The visiting side's best period in Oslo tonight was the opening phase
of play and they came close to scoring when Joos Valgaeren headed a
corner just over the home bar. However, Vålerenga were looking
equally dangerous from set-pieces and were unlucky when Freddy Dos
Santos headed an Ardian Gashi corner just over.

Maertens cautioned
The Norwegian side were growing in confidence and next it was
Iversen's turn to head wide of the mark after getting on the end of a
fine David Brocken cross. Club Brugge defender Birger Maertens then
picked up a yellow card for a crude challenge on Christian Grindheim.

Fine goalkeeping
Vålerenga goalkeeper Árni Gautur Arason had to come to his side's
rescue when he saved a 20-metre effort from Boško Balaban. Brocken, a
Belgian, was having a superb game for Vålerenga and then his cross
created another chance for Iversen whose header was safely gathered.
As the first half came to an end the home side were well on top and
Tore André Flo could have scored but his volley was deflected behind.

Good combination
Vålerenga started the second half as they had ended the first and
dangerous raids from Brocken and Gashi came close to breaking the
deadlock. The breakthrough finally came in the 56th minute when
Iversen collected a pass from Kjetil Waehler and controlled it before
scoring the opener.

Scorer denied
On 63 minutes Iversen went close again when he let fly from outside
the penalty area but this time he missed the target. The visitors did
their best to get back into the match but they were finding it
difficult to break down the 2004 Norwegian runners-up, who were
looking dangerous on the break.

Yellow card
Waehler struck the crossbar after 67 minutes after collecting a cross
from Grindheim as the home team almost extended their lead. Club
Brugge's Gert Verheyen picked up a yellow card for a foul on Gashi as
frustrations began to boil over for the Belgian side, who will need
to rediscover their coolness for the return.

******************************

Fucking Spurs striker!!
I still believe it's 50-50 chance as we have better players, but at
the moment they have a better team. We are just not ready yet after
all the changes of the last 2 months.

Anyway, if we can't beat a team like Valerenga we just doesn't
deserve to be in the Champions League..

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:54:17 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Red Devils looking for Gooch?

Is Manchester United looking to add another American? A source close
to Standard Liege defender Oguchi Onyewu says the Red Devils will
make an offer within the next ten days.

It didn't take long, but the Glazers are apparently interested in
adding their first American to Manchester United. Standard Liege
central back Oguchi Onyewu has been the subject of transfer talks for
many European powers this summer, and according to a stateside source
close to Onyewu, the Red Devils are one such club. Apparently they
have been keeping an eye on the 23 year old defender for some time,
including his recent appearance for the United States in the Gold Cup.

Newcastle, Lazio, and Hamburg are also reportedly interested in
Gooch, who is expected to carry a price tag somewhere in the four
million Euro range. A bid by Belgian side Anderlecht in July has
already been turned down by the Liege.

According to the source, Manchester United should submit a transfer
offer for Onyewu within the next 10 days, if not sooner. If such a
transfer were to take place, he would be the third American on the
books of the world's richest club, along with backup goalkeeper Tim
Howard and defender Jonathan Spector, who has been loaned to Charlton
Athletic for the season.

********************************

Onyewu has a great future.
He was one of the best 3 defenders last season.
Timmy Simons was sold by Bruges to PSV Eindhoven.
Anderlecht managed to keep their wonderboy Vincent Kompany.
Spurs.. if you are looking for a new European star, Kompany is the
name!! He has so much elegance and will only become better.
Finaly, Onyewu was the third very good defender. Standard's president
D'Onofrio somehow managed to keep him, but for how long??

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 9
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:57:34 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Edman takes swipe at Ferdinand

Tottenham defender Erik Edman has blasted Manchester United's Rio
Ferdinand over his contract negotiations.

The England star agreed a new deal with the Old Trafford club this week
after months of talks.

"We are paid very well and have so much. You don't need to earn more
than £100,000 per week like Rio Ferdinand. If you're on £100,000 a week
already, why do you need another £25,000?," said Edman.

"It's all about having flashy rings, flashy watches and flashy cars.
But that's not what life is about. It's wrong for kids to see that sort
of thing."

***************************

It's time to reduce Edman's wages ;)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 10
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:05:49 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Mudingayi ecstatic for Lazio adventure

The Congolese player is looking forward to the new challenge.
Gaby Mudingayi expressed his joy at joining Lazio, a team which he
had always dreamt of play for.

"I always had the ambition to play with this shirt, also because my
wife is from the Formia province. I arrive in a squad full of good
players. I have great motivations: my objectives are working hard and
improve. When I told my family that I was joining Lazio, they were
all very happy. I'm fascinated by Rome and also by the prospective of
playing the derby."

The former Torino player was especially impressed by the
Biancoceleste President.

"I was favourably impressed by President Lotito. When I spoke to him
for the first time, I understood that there really was the
possibility of joining Lazio. On Friday I shall undertake the medical
tests, and then we shall discuss the contract."

********************************

A black Belgian international (called once) at Lazio.
What's wrong? :p

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 11
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:32:44 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Guardiola set for City trial

Josep Guardiola is set to spend a week on trial at Manchester City as
he bids to find a new club before the start of the new season.

The former Barcelona idol was linked to a move to River Plate after
leaving Qatar outfit Al-Ahli, but nothing materialised from the talks.

Guardiola, 34, spent 17 years at Camp Nou and was a member of the
fabled Dream Team of the early 1990's before he moved onto Serie A
where he played for Brescia and Roma.

Stuart Pearce will see the playmaking midfielder in action for City's
reserve side in their match against Middlesbrough next week.

*********************************

I wonder if he still has this high level..

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 12
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:14:59 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: United make impressive start

we will secure our place in europe, whether it is through the league
or the cup :)

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, Jeremy Van <jer_vanlint@y...>
wrote:
> Manchester United made a triumphant start to the new
> English Premiership campaign with a 2-0 victory over
> fellow Champions League hopefuls Everton, while there
> were also opening-day wins for Tottenham Hotspur,
> Charlton Athletic and newcomers West Ham United.
>
> Scoring return
> Ruud van Nistelrooij scored the first goal of the
> English top-flight season when he gave United the lead
> at Goodison Park, in the first game of the day. The
> Dutch striker broke the deadlock just before the
> break, converting John O'Shea's low cross from close
> range. Sir Alex Ferguson's side's second goal was
> rather more fortuitous. Everton's Nigerian defender
> Joseph Yobo played a stray pass on the edge of his own
> penalty area and English international Wayne Rooney
> was on hand to score against his former club within a
> minute of the restart.
>
> Early goals
> Four goals in six minutes failed to produce a winner
> between Aston Villa and UEFA Cup participants Bolton
> Wanderers. Kevin Phillips, making his Villa bow,
> scored after five minutes, but Bolton hit back through
> Kevin Davies on eight minutes and Ivan Campo's tenth
> minute effort. Steven Davis completed the scoring when
> he levelled the scores again a minute later.
>
> Long-awaited win
> Martin Jol's Tottenham side overcame Portsmouth to
> claim their first league win at Fratton Park since
> 1956. Andy Griffin put through his own net to give the
> visitors the lead in first-half added time, before
> English international Jermain Defoe sealed the points
> for Tottenham when he rounded Sander Westerfeld to
> score on 64 minutes.
>
> Newcomers triumph
> West Ham United came from a goal behind to record a
> winning return to the Premiership, after a two-year
> absence, against Blackburn Rovers. Andy Todd had given
> Blackburn an 18th minute lead before the Championship
> play-off winners hit back through Teddy Sheringham,
> Nigel Reo-Coker and Matthew Etherington. Blackburn's
> misery was compounded when substitute Paul Dickov was
> dismissed late on.
>
> Debut joy
> Two goals from summer signing Darren Bent helped
> Charlton win at newly-promoted Sunderland. The €3.7m
> purchase from Ipswich Town scored after eleven minutes
> of his first competitive start before another
> debutant, Andy Gray, equalised for Sunderland. Danny
> Murphy regained Charlton's lead, despite having Darren
> Ambrose sent off, before Bent sealed victory in added
> time. Elsewhere, Fulham against Birmingham and
> Manchester City's encounter with West Bromwich Albion
> both ended goalless.
>
>
> Standing:
> 1. Charlton Athletic... 1 1 0 0 3-1 3
> 2. West Ham United..... 1 1 0 0 3-1 3
> 3. Manchester United... 1 1 0 0 2-0 3
> 4. Tottenham Hotspur... 1 1 0 0 2-0 3
> 5. Aston Villa......... 1 0 1 0 2-2 1
> 6. Bolton Wanderers.... 1 0 1 0 2-2 1
> 7. Birmingham.......... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
> 8. Fulham.............. 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
> 9. Liverpool........... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
> 10.Manchester City..... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
> 11.Middlesbrough....... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
> 12.West Brom........... 1 0 1 0 0-0 1
> 13.Arsenal............. 0 0 0 0 0-0 0
> 14.Chelsea............. 0 0 0 0 0-0 0
> 15.Newcastle United.... 0 0 0 0 0-0 0
> 16.Wigan............... 0 0 0 0 0-0 0
> 17.Blackburn Rovers.... 1 0 0 1 1-3 0
> 18.Sunderland.......... 1 0 0 1 1-3 0
> 19.Everton............. 1 0 0 1 0-2 0
> 20.Portsmouth.......... 1 0 0 1 0-2 0
>
> ******************************
>
> A good start for Spurs, they are not allowed to fuck
> up again this season!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
___________________________________________________________________________

> Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo!
Messenger
> Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 13
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:17:33 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Iversen hands Vålerenga victory

good luck valerenga :)

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> A second-half goal from Steffen Iversen was enough to hand Vålerenga
> the advantage at the halfway stage of their Champions third
> qualifying round tie with Club Brugge.
>
> Victory deserved
> After nearly an hour of stalemate, Iversen scored to ensure a
> deserved win for the Norwegian side against the Belgian champions and
> they will travel for the second leg at the Jan Breydelstadion on 24
> August in confident mood after managing not to concede an away goal.
>
> Valgaren unlucky
> The visiting side's best period in Oslo tonight was the opening phase
> of play and they came close to scoring when Joos Valgaeren headed a
> corner just over the home bar. However, Vålerenga were looking
> equally dangerous from set-pieces and were unlucky when Freddy Dos
> Santos headed an Ardian Gashi corner just over.
>
> Maertens cautioned
> The Norwegian side were growing in confidence and next it was
> Iversen's turn to head wide of the mark after getting on the end of a
> fine David Brocken cross. Club Brugge defender Birger Maertens then
> picked up a yellow card for a crude challenge on Christian Grindheim.
>
> Fine goalkeeping
> Vålerenga goalkeeper Árni Gautur Arason had to come to his side's
> rescue when he saved a 20-metre effort from Boško Balaban. Brocken, a
> Belgian, was having a superb game for Vålerenga and then his cross
> created another chance for Iversen whose header was safely gathered.
> As the first half came to an end the home side were well on top and
> Tore André Flo could have scored but his volley was deflected behind.
>
> Good combination
> Vålerenga started the second half as they had ended the first and
> dangerous raids from Brocken and Gashi came close to breaking the
> deadlock. The breakthrough finally came in the 56th minute when
> Iversen collected a pass from Kjetil Waehler and controlled it before
> scoring the opener.
>
> Scorer denied
> On 63 minutes Iversen went close again when he let fly from outside
> the penalty area but this time he missed the target. The visitors did
> their best to get back into the match but they were finding it
> difficult to break down the 2004 Norwegian runners-up, who were
> looking dangerous on the break.
>
> Yellow card
> Waehler struck the crossbar after 67 minutes after collecting a cross
> from Grindheim as the home team almost extended their lead. Club
> Brugge's Gert Verheyen picked up a yellow card for a foul on Gashi as
> frustrations began to boil over for the Belgian side, who will need
> to rediscover their coolness for the return.
>
> ******************************
>
> Fucking Spurs striker!!
> I still believe it's 50-50 chance as we have better players, but at
> the moment they have a better team. We are just not ready yet after
> all the changes of the last 2 months.
>
> Anyway, if we can't beat a team like Valerenga we just doesn't
> deserve to be in the Champions League..

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 14
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:22:54 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Edman takes swipe at Ferdinand

well said edman. i think someone should mug ferdinand every week so he
doesnt get all of his money. burn down his houses and nick his cars.
time to teach him a lesson ;)

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Tottenham defender Erik Edman has blasted Manchester United's Rio
> Ferdinand over his contract negotiations.
>
> The England star agreed a new deal with the Old Trafford club this week
> after months of talks.
>
> "We are paid very well and have so much. You don't need to earn more
> than £100,000 per week like Rio Ferdinand. If you're on £100,000 a week
> already, why do you need another £25,000?," said Edman.
>
> "It's all about having flashy rings, flashy watches and flashy cars.
> But that's not what life is about. It's wrong for kids to see that sort
> of thing."
>
> ***************************
>
> It's time to reduce Edman's wages ;)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldsoccerclub2/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
worldsoccerclub2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home