Saturday, July 30, 2005

[World Soccer Club] Digest Number 1561

There are 8 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Inter to face Ukraine's finest
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
2. Re: Saw this and thought of Mangy
From: "Drew Peacok" <Eddcases@yahoo.com>
3. Re: Firefox
From: "Drew Peacok" <Eddcases@yahoo.com>
4. Re: Firefox
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
5. Re: Firefox
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
6. Letter from Recruit Private Dale Gwak
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
7. Re: Firefox
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
8. Re: Letter from Recruit Private Dale Gwak
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:17:03 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Inter to face Ukraine's finest

Two-time European champions Internazionale have been paired with
Shakhtar Donetsk following today's third qualifying round draw in
Nyon, Switzerland.

Two-legged affair
The tie was one of the highlights of the 16 matches that will take
place over two legs on 9/10 and 23/24 August. Shakhtar are the
reigning champions from Ukraine while Inter won the Italian Cup and
finished third in Serie A in 2004/05. Their domestic rivals Udinese
Calcio also have a tough test in store against Sporting Clube de
Portugal.

Spanish duels
Among the other eye-catching fixtures, Spanish contenders Real Betis
Balompié and Villarreal were pitted against AS Monaco and Everton
respectively, while holders Liverpool will play KF Tirana or CSKA
Sofia should they overcome FBK Kaunas. In all, 18 clubs are entering
at this stage along with the 14 winners of the second qualifying
round, which concludes next Wednesday.

Monaco date
The 16 victorious teams from the third qualifying round will then go
on to join the 16 automatic qualifiers for the group stage, starting
in September. The draw for the competition proper will be held in
Monaco at 16.00CET on 25 August.

50th anniversary
This season's final will be played in Paris on 17 May 2006.
Introducing today's proceedings, Jean Fournet-Fayard of the UEFA Club
Competition Committee said: "We are also proud to announce that the
European Champion Clubs' Cup is 50 years old. It is 50 years since
the first match took place on 4 September 1955 in Lisbon, between
Sporting Clube de Portugal and FK Partizan. During the season we will
celebrate the strong heritage and the great players of this
competition."

UEFA Champions League third qualifying round
First-leg matches: 9/10 August
Second-leg matches: 23/24 August

FC Basel 1893 (SUI) v Werder Bremen (GER)
Artmedia Bratislava (SVK)/Celtic (SCO) v Partizan (SCG)/Sheriff (MDA)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) v Internazionale Milano (ITA)
Shelbourne (IRL) / Steaua Bucuresti (ROU) v Rosenborg BK (NOR)
Manchester United (ENG) v Debreceni (HUN) / Hajduk Split (CRO)
Malmö (SWE) / Maccabi Haifa (ISR) v Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) / Thun (SUI)
Everton FC (ENG) v Villarreal CF (ESP)
Kaunas (LTU)/Liverpool (ENG) v KF Tirana (ALB)/CSKA Sofia (BUL)
Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v Udinese Calcio (ITA)
Vålerenga IF (NOR) /FC Haka (FIN) v Club Brugge KV (BEL)
F91 Dudelange (LUX)/Rapid Wien (AUT) v Rabotnicki (MKD)/Lokomotiv
Moskva (RUS)
RSC Anderlecht (BEL) / PFC Neftchi (AZE) v Slavia Praha (CZE)
Anorthosis Famagusta (CYP) / Trabzonspor (TUR) v Rangers FC (SCO)
FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) / Brøndby IF (DEN) v AFC Ajax (NED)
Real Betis Balompié (ESP) v AS Monaco (FRA)
Wisla Kraków (POL) v Panathinaikos (GRE)

********************************

I am very happy with this draw :D
Bruges and Anderlecht are better teams than Valerengen, Haka
Valkeakoski or Slavia Prague.

Still I give Anderlecht 65% qualification chances and only 50% at the
moment for Club Brugge. This because the Norwegian and Finnish league
already started a couple of months ago, and Bruges isn't just ready
yet as 3 coaches left and 5 starting players.

Other very interesting games:
Inter Milan - Shakthar Donetsk
Everton - Villarreal
Sporting Lisbon - Udinese
Betis - AS Monaco

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:38:39 -0000
From: "Drew Peacok" <Eddcases@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Saw this and thought of Mangy

True. Just feel this pace of game at his age might give the guy a
heart attack ;-)
Hope he does well though

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> He will have to prove that himself, nevertheless, he has scored
> headers against some of the best (Italy WC2002, Germany 2005, etc).
>
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Peacok" <Eddcases@y...>
> wrote:
> > He still does score! maybe at a lower leval, cant knock the guy
though.
> > - Never had any pace
> > - Best years over 30
> > - Top leval over 10 years
> >
> > How many players can you say that about?
> >
> > I dont the mexican player will do that well cos of his age and going
> > from a continetial type league into one where you need to be super
fit .
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > I was reffering to a scoring striker ;)
> > >
> > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> > > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > > or teddy sheringham. still going at 37 or 38 ;)
> > > >
> > > > nick
> > > >
> > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > > > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > > > And 31 isn't that old. Look at Shearer :)
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> > > > > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > hes young compared with rest of squad. likes of hierro etc!!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > nick
> > > > > >
> > > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Peacok"
> > > > > <Eddcases@y...>
> > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > Bolton have completed the signing of Mexican striker Jared
> > > > > Borgetti.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > The 31-year-old has signed a two-year deal and will be
> > > unveiled
> > > > > once a
> > > > > > > routine medical is done.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > The Trotters have been in talks for a number of weeks with
> > > > > Borgetti
> > > > > > > and his club Pachucha, but finally have struck a deal
for the
> > > > > striker
> > > > > > > known as 'The Desert Fox'.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > "The fee has been agreed with his club and personal
terms are
> > > all
> > > > > > > sorted," said manager Sam Allardyce.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > "Borgetti has played over 60 games this year and will
need to
> > > get
> > > > > > > plenty of rest before we really see his true class. His
> > > pedigree
> > > > > is
> > > > > > > excellent, but the Premiership is still unknown to him
and he
> > > will
> > > > > > > have to be at his best to make the impact we are looking
for.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > "It is a massive challenge for both the player and the club
> > > and I
> > > > > do
> > > > > > > know he has the mental strength to make it a success in
> > > England."
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Borgetti will become the first Mexican ever to play in The
> > > > > Premiership.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
--------------------------------------------------------------
> > > ----
> > > > > --
> > > > > > > 31 and joining the prem! its not a retirement league! doubt
> > > the
> > > > > guy
> > > > > > > will do anything special for any amound of time at that
ages
> > > to
> > > > > be as
> > > > > > > fit as he has ever been....nah! give it 3 months before he
> > > > > training
> > > > > > > with the reserves

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:46:25 -0000
From: "Drew Peacok" <Eddcases@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Firefox

Exporer? whats that ;-) havent used it in so long! think IE is a pile
of shite! to many flaws/viruses/security updates every hour it seems,
and its slow!

Use Firefox since I heared about it around a year ago or somthing like
that, and I wont go back! its faster more secure and built in pop up
blocker! and google search bar comes in as well.

ALso if anyone has been reading
http://www.theregister.com/2005/07/28/ie7_nukes_rival_search/

Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 went on a limited beta release today
and contains a nasty surprise for some users.

Users with search toolbars from Yahoo! and arch-rival Google have
discovered that these vanish. Other third-party toolbars designed to
block pop-ups or aid with form filling appear to be working normally,
according to reports from Reg readers.
The default search engine is MSN Search.

-------------------
More reasons not to use Exploror

Upto you though, but I would strongly recommend Firefox

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> So what do you guys think about firefox vs explorer?

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:23:41 -0000
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Firefox

Thanks! I will.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
<n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> ok well both are alright browsers but firefox is better. basically
> virus writers hate bill gates and what he does, so they tailor the
> viruses to wreck havoc on his products.......which is basically
> internet explorer and the rest of them. firefox does have some viruses
> wrote for it, but any time there is, they are swift to make patches
> for it. plus its generally more secure from the start off and its more
> customisable and the best stuff is u can work within tabs (basically
> it shows one thing on the task bar at the bottom, but within the
> window you have tabs between windows). oh and it has built in pop up
> blocker. overall i would suggest firefox.
>
> nick
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > So what do you guys think about firefox vs explorer?

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:24:58 -0000
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Firefox

I am as of now!

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Peacok" <Eddcases@y...>
wrote:
> Exporer? whats that ;-) havent used it in so long! think IE is a pile
> of shite! to many flaws/viruses/security updates every hour it seems,
> and its slow!
>
> Use Firefox since I heared about it around a year ago or somthing like
> that, and I wont go back! its faster more secure and built in pop up
> blocker! and google search bar comes in as well.
>
> ALso if anyone has been reading
> http://www.theregister.com/2005/07/28/ie7_nukes_rival_search/
>
> Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 went on a limited beta release today
> and contains a nasty surprise for some users.
>
> Users with search toolbars from Yahoo! and arch-rival Google have
> discovered that these vanish. Other third-party toolbars designed to
> block pop-ups or aid with form filling appear to be working normally,
> according to reports from Reg readers.
> The default search engine is MSN Search.
>
> -------------------
> More reasons not to use Exploror
>
> Upto you though, but I would strongly recommend Firefox
>
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > So what do you guys think about firefox vs explorer?

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:28:49 -0000
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
Subject: Letter from Recruit Private Dale Gwak

I received a letter from Dale! He lost the info on his pda and lost
nick's and dave's. So guys, send me your info so I can send it to him.
He says that he is fine and in his 2nd week (the letter is from a
month ago). However I am a bit disturbed by two statements:

1. Instructors treat him kindly in "private"
2. He has learned to get dressed really fast.

LOL

Always the same Dale.

I have to go now, but I'll tell you guys more next week. If you want
me to send him a message on your behalf, please let me know. Charisse
already said that she felt neglected. LOL

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:01:09 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Firefox

good to hear. im tempted to try IE7 for the hell of it. see how bad
its become. its their first major internet explorer update in 4 years.
it shows how much they exploited us when running an out of date
browser knowing people always had it.......till firefox appeared and
got their arse in gear to seriously update it!

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> I am as of now!
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Peacok" <Eddcases@y...>
> wrote:
> > Exporer? whats that ;-) havent used it in so long! think IE is a pile
> > of shite! to many flaws/viruses/security updates every hour it seems,
> > and its slow!
> >
> > Use Firefox since I heared about it around a year ago or somthing like
> > that, and I wont go back! its faster more secure and built in pop up
> > blocker! and google search bar comes in as well.
> >
> > ALso if anyone has been reading
> > http://www.theregister.com/2005/07/28/ie7_nukes_rival_search/
> >
> > Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 went on a limited beta release today
> > and contains a nasty surprise for some users.
> >
> > Users with search toolbars from Yahoo! and arch-rival Google have
> > discovered that these vanish. Other third-party toolbars designed to
> > block pop-ups or aid with form filling appear to be working normally,
> > according to reports from Reg readers.
> > The default search engine is MSN Search.
> >
> > -------------------
> > More reasons not to use Exploror
> >
> > Upto you though, but I would strongly recommend Firefox
> >
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> > <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > > So what do you guys think about firefox vs explorer?

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:04:40 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Letter from Recruit Private Dale Gwak

Sent you the info and a message :))

Nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
>
> I received a letter from Dale! He lost the info on his pda and lost
> nick's and dave's. So guys, send me your info so I can send it to him.
> He says that he is fine and in his 2nd week (the letter is from a
> month ago). However I am a bit disturbed by two statements:
>
> 1. Instructors treat him kindly in "private"
> 2. He has learned to get dressed really fast.
>
> LOL
>
> Always the same Dale.
>
> I have to go now, but I'll tell you guys more next week. If you want
> me to send him a message on your behalf, please let me know. Charisse
> already said that she felt neglected. LOL

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldsoccerclub2/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
worldsoccerclub2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home