Saturday, July 16, 2005

[World Soccer Club] Digest Number 1548

There are 15 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: European Champions League 2005-06
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
2. New Barça strip
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
3. Bolton seal Borgetti signing
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
4. Sao Paulo crowned kings of South America at The "Morumtri"
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
5. Advocaat to take over at UAE
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
6. Re: Vieira agrees to join Juventus
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
7. Re: Protesting United fans urge CL boycott
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
8. Re: Gerrard wants out of Liverpool!
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
9. Re: European Champions League 2005-06
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
10. Re: Bolton seal Borgetti signing
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
11. Re: Vieira agrees to join Juventus
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
12. Re: Vieira agrees to join Juventus
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
13. Greek drama as Aris replace Panionios
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
14. Italian Football Federation expel broke duo
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
15. Manchester United
From: "soccerfan4123" <soccerfan4123@yahoo.com>

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:00:19 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: European Champions League 2005-06

The Welsh IT team :)

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> Total Network solutions??? LOOOOOOOOOOL
>
> -- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard scored a hat-trick as the
> European
> > champions began the defence of their title with a 3-0 win over
> Total
> > Network Solutions.
> > The England midfielder, at the centre of controversy over
contract
> > negotiations for most of last week, put the Reds ahead after
eight
> > minutes.
> > And with the Premiership side dominating the Welsh Premier
> champions,
> > Gerrard broke through and lobbed home the second before
completing
> > his treble with an 89th minute strike from 20 yards out.
> > A period of silence was impeccably observed in memory of the
> victims
> > of the London bombings before kick-off at Anfield.
> > TNS put up a brave performance and defended stoutly, but
Liverpool
> > had too much class for them.
> >
> > In other first round qualifying Champions League ties, the all-
> > Ireland clash between Glentoran and Shelbourne in Belfast saw the
> > Republic of Ireland side Shelbourne win 2-1 against their
Northern
> > Irish hosts. Two goals from Byrne– one penalty – put Shelbourne
> two
> > up before ward got a late consolation for Glentoran.
> >
> > A goal by Nikola Maric was enough to give the visiting Bosnia-
> > Herzegovina champions NK Zrinjski a 1-0 first leg lead over F91
> > Dudelange in Luxembourg.
> >
> > The Finnish champions FC Haka defeated Armenian visitors FC
Pyunik
> 1-
> > 0 at Valkeakoski thanks to a strike by Juha Pasoja. Haka are thus
> on
> > course for a second round clash with Norwegia n runners-up
> Vålerenga.
> >
> > There was a six-goal thriller in the Faeroe Islands as HB
> Thorshavn
> > went down 2-4 at home to Kaunas from Lithuania. Velicka scored
> twice
> > for Kaunas within the first 25 minutes. Then Thorsteinsson halved
> the
> > deficit, only for Klimek to give the visitors a 3-1 interval
lead.
> > Jespersen pulled another goal back for Thorshavn two minutes into
> the
> > second half, before Zelmikas rounded off the scoring a minute
> later.
> >
> > Two second-half goals strikes saw Slovenian champions NK Gorica
> > establish a 2-0 lead over SK Tirana. Nebojša Kovacevic opened the
> > scoring after half-time, with Valter Birsa adding the second
ahead
> of
> > next week's return in Albania.
> >
> >
> > Levadia Tallinn 1-0 Dinamo Tbilisi
> > Neftchi 2-0 Hafnarfjördur
> > Dinamo Minsk 1-1 Anorthosis
> > Kairat Almaty 2-0 Artmedia
> > Rabotnicki 6-0 Skonto
> > Sliema 1-4 Sheriff
> > Haka 1-0 Pyunik
> > HB 2-4 Kaunas
> > Glentoran 1-2 Shelbourne
> > Dudelange 0-1 Zrinjski
> > Liverpool 3-0 TNS
> > Gorica 2-0 Tirana

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:37:58 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: New Barça strip

Alarm bells were ringing in Barcelona chairman Joan Laporta's head at
Barcelona's El Prat airport.

Fortunately for Barça fans it had nothing to do with the possible
departure of one of their star players – Laporta was simply
struggling to negotiate his way past a metal detector.

The Blaugrana supremo was en route to Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday
for a humanitarian trip. But when he went through the security check-
point, it began to look more and more like a naturist holiday.

With a line of Spanish journalists looking on, Laporta set the metal
detector's bells ringing again and again - each time removing more
and more of his attire until he was eventually reduced to only his
underwear.

"Whether you are chairman of Barcelona Football Club or just the man
on the street, it's not the most fun thing to happen," he said after
the incident.

"The detector must have been on an ultra-high setting, but I remained
calm throughout," he added, refuting claims he verbally abused
security staff as they tried to get to the bottom of the problem.

****************************

The custom guy was probably a Real fan.

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:43:23 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Bolton seal Borgetti signing

Bolton have signed Mexican striker Jared Borgetti from Pachuca.
The 31-year-old, who is currently in action in the Gold Cup, will
cost the Trotters in the region of £1m.

"I can confirm that Borgetti will be sold to Bolton," confirmed his
club's president Jesus Martinez Patino.

"The clubs have reached an agreement. Pachuca will receive more than
£900,000.

"The only thing remaining is the player to end his participation with
the national team at the Gold Cup. Then he will travel to England to
sign his contract."

Patino revealed that they received better offers than Bolton's,
however, Borgetti had his heart set on a move to England.

"We made a big effort for the player because we had better offers
from other countries, but the player decided he wanted to play in the
Premier League," added Patino.

"He considers The Premiership the most important league in the world.
We are very happy and proud because this is an historical transfer
for Mexican football.

"A century ago the English came to Pachuca to start football in
Mexico and now Pachuca is the first Mexican team to transfer a player
to England."

*****************************

Now Manuel also has a team to support in the EPL :)

How do you think he will do?
He wasn't so expensive after all, but I wonder if he will adapt well
to Bolton and the EPL...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:56:18 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Sao Paulo crowned kings of South America at The "Morumtri"

Sao Paulo were crowned Copa Libertadores champions for the third time
after thrashing Atletico Paranaense 4-0 at the Morumbi stadium
infront of over 75,000 fans.

Both teams started the match very nervously and the first quarter
hour was a tough battle in the midfield as both sides obviously did
not want to give away an early goal.

Uruguayan international Diego Lugano came close to scoring on nine
minutes with a header that flashed wide after a precise cross. After
this initial threat Sao Paulo began to apply enormous amounts of
pressure on their opponents.

In the 17th minute former Borussia Dortmund star Amoroso opened the
scoring with an intelligent header after Danilo's shot rebounded off
Paranaense goalkeeper Diego and flew into his direction.

After the goal the match continued to be disputed in the middle of
the park as Paranaense tried to get a quick reply in order to even
the score. Sao Paulo did not give their opponents any space and it
was quite rare to see Paranaense pull together just a few passes.

When the half was coming to an end Argentine referee Horacio
Helizondo awarded Paranaense a dubious penalty after he felt that Sao
Paulo defender Alex pushed Aloisio in the box.

Fabricio stepped up to the spot but wasted his sides best opportunity
of the match striking the ball at the post, and Sao Paulo went into
the break leading by a solitary but well deserved goal.

Both sides went into the second half with their same formations and
Paranaense looked much livelier than in the first period.

When they seemed to be getting more involved in the game Sao Paulo
scored their second in the 53rd minute with a strong header from tall
centre back Fabao after a well measured corner kick.

Sao Paulo was firmly in control of the match and Paranaense could
only resort to wild shots from outside the box which intended to
catch Rogerio Ceni off guard.

While Paranaense battled to try to find a goal that might give them
some sort of hope Sao Paulo stayed back and tried to break on the
counter attack.

This tactic proved very effective as in the 71st minute Amoroso used
his speed to get past his defender and angled a cross to the back
post that was met by Luizao who was in a perfect position and cooly
slotted the ball home for Sao Paulo's third.

By now the Morumbi was in party mode as the tie was settled and
Luizao, who was playing his last match for Sao Paulo was replaced by
Souza.

Autuori also decided to change Amoroso for youngster Diego Tardelli
and in the 89th minute Tardelli was able to add to Sao Paulo's big
advantage with a brilliant finish that brought the house down.

The match finished 4-0 to Sao Paulo, who cruised to a 5-1 aggregate
victory.

Amoroso who was named man of the match describes how he feels after
winning the Copa:

"I will cherish this moment like no other. Winning the Libertadores
is something that we dream about when kids, it's an unbelievable
feeling.

"I thank the people of Sao Paulo for giving me this opportunity and
it was great to decide the title at the 'Morumtri'," in reference to
what is likely to be the new nickname of the Morumbi stadium after
the victory.

SAO PAULO 4: Rogerio Ceni, Fabao, Diego Lugano, Alex, Cicinho,
Mineiro, Josue, Danilo, Junior (Fabio Santos 85), Luizao (Souza 72),
Amoroso (Diego Tardelli 78)
Coach: Paulo Autuori

ATLETICO PARANAENSE 0: Diego, Jancarlos, Danilo, Durval, Marcao
(Rodrigo 60), Fabricio, Cocito, Andre Rocha (Alan Bahia 82), Evandro,
Lima (Fernandinho 60), Aloisio
Coach: Antonio Lopes

Referee: Horacio Helizondo (Argentina)

Last winners:
2002 Olimpia Asunción (Par)
2003 Boca Juniors (Arg)
2004 Once Caldas (Col)
2005 Sao Paulo (Bra)

********************************

It was a very nice game, especialy for a final!
Well done Sao Paulo :D

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:00:16 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Advocaat to take over at UAE

Former coach of Holland and Rangers, Dick Advocaat is set to take over
at the United Arab Emirates.

The Gulf state, currently ranked 86th in the world and with one World
Cup appearance in 1990, has already been eliminated from Qualifying for
Germany 2006, a failure that cost Advocaat's fellow Dutchman Aad De Mos
his job in April. The UAE FA has been through a string of coaches
recently including Ray Hodgson and Jean-Francois Jodar and were
reportedly chasing ex-Senegal boss, Bruno Metsu.

The 58 year-old Advocaat led Holland to the 2004 European Championships
and left Borussia Munchengladbach in April and will be charged with
preparing the UAE for the 2007 Gulf Cup which the country hosts.

**************************

Advocaat has lost lots of credits these last couple of years..

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:25:17 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Vieira agrees to join Juventus

i knew he would go :)

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Italian champions Juventus appear to have pulled off the biggest
> transfer of the summer so far by signing Arsenal captain Patrick
> Vieira.
>
> End of an era
> The two clubs have agreed a deal totalling €20m for the 29-year-old
> French international midfielder, who is currently finalising personal
> terms with Juventus. Vieira's move away from Arsenal ends a nine-year
> association with the club he joined for €5.7m in 1996 after spells
> with AC Milan and AS Cannes.
>
> Glorious spell
> Vieira played a major part in transforming Arsenal's fortunes under
> manager Arsène Wenger, helping the Londoners to Premiership and FA
> Cup doubles in 1998 and 2002, as well as a further league title in
> 2004 and FA Cup successes in 2003 and 2005. In all, he made 279
> Premiership appearances.
>
> 'Meet a new challenge'
> "I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time to have a
> new challenge," Vieira said. "But that does not mean I was unhappy or
> that I was having a problem at Arsenal. It was just that I had the
> feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel
> Juventus was the best challenge for me."
>
> Wenger tribute
> Wenger added: "Patrick was a great player for us, one of the greatest
> in the club's history and I feel I had a special relationship with
> him because I made him come here. His impact, not only at Arsenal but
> in English football overall, was just tremendous."
>
> **************************
>
> Damn, I didn't see this one coming :(
> So Juventus managed what Real failed for years!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:29:49 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Protesting United fans urge CL boycott

yes it would be great if no one turned up

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> Well, it woudl be great if they didn't, no?
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > will true fans turn up? probably not. will "fans" turn up? of
> course
> > they will those plastic fans!
> >
> > nick
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> > <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > >
> > > This would be a good poll: Will United Fans turn up to the game?
> > >
> > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > > Fans are being urged to boycott Manchester United's Champions
> > > League
> > > > qualifying tie in an attempt to help force out the club's new
> > > owner,
> > > > Malcolm Glazer.
> > > >
> > > > United are due to play in the third round next month and will
> be
> > > > looking to secure their place in the Champions League group
> stage.
> > > >
> > > > However, the Independent Manchester United Supporters'
> Association
> > > do
> > > > not want fans to turn up and watch.
> > > >
> > > > "This boycott is the chance for them to show Glazer they do
> not
> > > want
> > > > him or his debts," said IMUSA spokesman Mark Longden.
> > > >
> > > > "It's simple - do not buy a ticket for this match. This is our
> > > chance
> > > > to demonstrate to Glazer that supporters do have a voice and
> are
> > > > prepared to use it," explained Longden.
> > > >
> > > > "He will keep targeting us to pay off his debts if he thinks
> we
> > > are
> > > > weak and willing. We are neither.
> > > >
> > > > "We react with horror at his plans for ticket prices, as more
> and
> > > > more decent, loyal, United fans will be priced out of going to
> the
> > > > club they love and support.
> > > >
> > > > "We will not allow that to happen."
> > > >
> > > > United won't know until the draw on 29 July who they must
> play,
> > > and
> > > > whether they will be at home on either 10 or 24 August.
> > > >
> > > > *********************************
> > > >
> > > > The man you love to hate :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:33:01 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Gerrard wants out of Liverpool!

wales have good players? hmm good but not great. currently they are
2nd best british team (scotland 3rd and n ireland last as always).
they had ther best team in the build up to 94 world cup where they
missed a penalty against i think romania (in last min i think) to just
miss out. the guy who missed it is actually the boss of bath city now
i think or playing.....paul bodin it was anyway its been a slow
recovery since then but they are on the up.

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> I know that you know, I was just further extending the nobility
> title of "shitty"...LOL
>
> Interesting, French last names...Didn't Wales have a few good
> players? William, Harry and Charles...
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > yeah i know its 3 other countries....couple is just figure of
> speech
> > or something like that for me. the other countries haven't produced
> > anything much in years. most notable one of today is giggs and hes
> > probably only non english guy to make the line up. they have
> produced
> > some in the past like a few scots in the liverpool team of 70's and
> > 80's and george best from northern ireland.....the best the smaller
> > islands have produced is matt le tissier and graeme le saux.
> >
> > nick
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> > <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > >
> > > ooops...Actually, it's three shitty countries...Well, Wales and
> > > Northern Iseland have produced some really good players, no? do
> the
> > > Iselands (Man, Guersney, etc.) count?
> > >
> > > So, what would be an ideal Great Britain lineup?
> > >
> > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> > > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > > because britain is really just england and a couple of shitty
> > > > countries made into it. without england, then britain is fuck
> all.
> > > > plus its not our fault we produce better players
> > > >
> > > > nick
> > > >
> > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > > > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > > > What's the point in having a team called 'Great Britain' if
> 11
> > > > > Englishmen play in it? :)
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> > > > > <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And what does the IOC say?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > It would be immensily silly if Britain would not have a
> > > Football
> > > > > > team in the Olympic Games.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> > > > > > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > nope. fifa says as we dont play as a british football
> team,
> > > we
> > > > > cant
> > > > > > > enter the olympics as one.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > nick
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> > > > > > > <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Why? They don't allow it?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> > > > > > > > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > probably try and get it for a once off thing. cant
> see
> > > why we
> > > > > > cant.
> > > > > > > > > its fifa that are wankers
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > nick
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> > > > > > > > > <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Any news as how will team Great Britain will be
> formed?
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick
> Morris"
> > > > > > > > > > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > spurs might actually get an olympic footie game
> > > staged
> > > > > > there.
> > > > > > > > heres
> > > > > > > > > > > hoping!
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > nick
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> > > > > > > > > > > <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > Nick's Wet Dream:
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > Somewhere in Madrid...
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > Butragueño: Yes Florentino, I think that we
> should
> > > buy
> > > > > > > > Gerrard
> > > > > > > > > > and
> > > > > > > > > > > > lend it to Spurs for 5 years.
> > > > > > > > > > > > Florentino: I think taht you are right, Spurs
> > > deserves
> > > > > > it
> > > > > > > > and we
> > > > > > > > > > > > have enough players and money. Let's do it!
> > > > > > > > > > > > Buitre: Yep, maybe they could get us in
> exchange
> > > some
> > > > > > good
> > > > > > > > seats
> > > > > > > > > > for
> > > > > > > > > > > > the 2012 Olympics!
> > > > > > > > > > > > Floren: YEAH! Good idea!
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > CONGRATS FOR THE OLYMPICS!!!!
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- In
> > > worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > > > > > > > > > > > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > In your dreams :p
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > --- In
> worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick
> > > > > Morris"
> > > > > > > > > > > > > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > think he should come to spurs. we would do
> > > well
> > > > > with
> > > > > > him
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > nick
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > --- In
> > > > > > worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Steven Gerrard has asked to leave
> Champions
> > > > > League
> > > > > > > > winners
> > > > > > > > > > > > > Liveprool,
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > informed the red outfit this afternoon.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 'The club has made it crystal clear we
> want
> > > to
> > > > > > keep
> > > > > > > > Steven
> > > > > > > > > > at
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Anfield,' read the club's statement.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 'Sadly, he has told us this afternoon
> that
> > > he
> > > > > will
> > > > > > not
> > > > > > > > > > accept
> > > > > > > > > > > > our
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > offer of an improved and extended
> contract
> > > > > because
> > > > > > he
> > > > > > > > > > wants to
> > > > > > > > > > > > > leave
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Liverpool.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 'We very much regret the decision that
> has
> > > been
> > > > > > > > taken," it
> > > > > > > > > > > > > concluded.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > A £32million offer on behalf of Chelsea
> for
> > > the
> > > > > > > > Liverpool
> > > > > > > > > > > > skipper
> > > > > > > > > > > > > was
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > apparently rejected by the Red
> management
> > > > > > yesterday.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Reports from Spain indicate Liga giants
> Real
> > > > > > Madrid
> > > > > > > > are
> > > > > > > > > > ready
> > > > > > > > > > > > to
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > offer £40 mil for the England star's
> > > services.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The bidding is now open!
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ***********************************
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Well, there isn't a better time for him
> to
> > > move.
> > > > > > > > Liverpool
> > > > > > > > > > can
> > > > > > > > > > > > > hardly
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > do better than this year.

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 9
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:41:43 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: European Champions League 2005-06

Indeed. Here's the story:

======================================================================
In 1997, computer company Total Network Solutions, from their base on
the border in Oswestry, made Llansantffraid an offer no club could
refuse. In the absence of sponsorship, TV revenues or public
assistance, WP clubs cannot afford to reject a helping hand. In a
shoestring league you don't need a fortune to get ahead - any
investment will lift you ahead of the pack.

The price of the deal was a change of name to TNS. In most countries
businesses support clubs, in many countries clubs are businesses, but
only in Wales could it happen that a business IS the club!
======================================================================

Talking of IT........i just got myself a new job. Get alot more money
now and more to do with what i want to be. I am now officially a
Trainee Network Engineer on £18k ($32,000/€26,500) plus a 7.5% years
bonus :)

Nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> The Welsh IT team :)
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
> <manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
> >
> > Total Network solutions??? LOOOOOOOOOOL
> >
> > -- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard scored a hat-trick as the
> > European
> > > champions began the defence of their title with a 3-0 win over
> > Total
> > > Network Solutions.
> > > The England midfielder, at the centre of controversy over
> contract
> > > negotiations for most of last week, put the Reds ahead after
> eight
> > > minutes.
> > > And with the Premiership side dominating the Welsh Premier
> > champions,
> > > Gerrard broke through and lobbed home the second before
> completing
> > > his treble with an 89th minute strike from 20 yards out.
> > > A period of silence was impeccably observed in memory of the
> > victims
> > > of the London bombings before kick-off at Anfield.
> > > TNS put up a brave performance and defended stoutly, but
> Liverpool
> > > had too much class for them.
> > >
> > > In other first round qualifying Champions League ties, the all-
> > > Ireland clash between Glentoran and Shelbourne in Belfast saw the
> > > Republic of Ireland side Shelbourne win 2-1 against their
> Northern
> > > Irish hosts. Two goals from Byrne– one penalty – put Shelbourne
> > two
> > > up before ward got a late consolation for Glentoran.
> > >
> > > A goal by Nikola Maric was enough to give the visiting Bosnia-
> > > Herzegovina champions NK Zrinjski a 1-0 first leg lead over F91
> > > Dudelange in Luxembourg.
> > >
> > > The Finnish champions FC Haka defeated Armenian visitors FC
> Pyunik
> > 1-
> > > 0 at Valkeakoski thanks to a strike by Juha Pasoja. Haka are thus
> > on
> > > course for a second round clash with Norwegia n runners-up
> > Vålerenga.
> > >
> > > There was a six-goal thriller in the Faeroe Islands as HB
> > Thorshavn
> > > went down 2-4 at home to Kaunas from Lithuania. Velicka scored
> > twice
> > > for Kaunas within the first 25 minutes. Then Thorsteinsson halved
> > the
> > > deficit, only for Klimek to give the visitors a 3-1 interval
> lead.
> > > Jespersen pulled another goal back for Thorshavn two minutes into
> > the
> > > second half, before Zelmikas rounded off the scoring a minute
> > later.
> > >
> > > Two second-half goals strikes saw Slovenian champions NK Gorica
> > > establish a 2-0 lead over SK Tirana. Nebojša Kovacevic opened the
> > > scoring after half-time, with Valter Birsa adding the second
> ahead
> > of
> > > next week's return in Albania.
> > >
> > >
> > > Levadia Tallinn 1-0 Dinamo Tbilisi
> > > Neftchi 2-0 Hafnarfjördur
> > > Dinamo Minsk 1-1 Anorthosis
> > > Kairat Almaty 2-0 Artmedia
> > > Rabotnicki 6-0 Skonto
> > > Sliema 1-4 Sheriff
> > > Haka 1-0 Pyunik
> > > HB 2-4 Kaunas
> > > Glentoran 1-2 Shelbourne
> > > Dudelange 0-1 Zrinjski
> > > Liverpool 3-0 TNS
> > > Gorica 2-0 Tirana

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 10
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:43:34 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Bolton seal Borgetti signing

if he can handle the physical aspect of the game he could do ok

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Bolton have signed Mexican striker Jared Borgetti from Pachuca.
> The 31-year-old, who is currently in action in the Gold Cup, will
> cost the Trotters in the region of £1m.
>
> "I can confirm that Borgetti will be sold to Bolton," confirmed his
> club's president Jesus Martinez Patino.
>
> "The clubs have reached an agreement. Pachuca will receive more than
> £900,000.
>
> "The only thing remaining is the player to end his participation with
> the national team at the Gold Cup. Then he will travel to England to
> sign his contract."
>
> Patino revealed that they received better offers than Bolton's,
> however, Borgetti had his heart set on a move to England.
>
> "We made a big effort for the player because we had better offers
> from other countries, but the player decided he wanted to play in the
> Premier League," added Patino.
>
> "He considers The Premiership the most important league in the world.
> We are very happy and proud because this is an historical transfer
> for Mexican football.
>
> "A century ago the English came to Pachuca to start football in
> Mexico and now Pachuca is the first Mexican team to transfer a player
> to England."
>
> *****************************
>
> Now Manuel also has a team to support in the EPL :)
>
> How do you think he will do?
> He wasn't so expensive after all, but I wonder if he will adapt well
> to Bolton and the EPL...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 11
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:53:24 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Vieira agrees to join Juventus

Yes, but you thought he would join Spurs ;)

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
<n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> i knew he would go :)
>
> nick
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Italian champions Juventus appear to have pulled off the biggest
> > transfer of the summer so far by signing Arsenal captain Patrick
> > Vieira.
> >
> > End of an era
> > The two clubs have agreed a deal totalling €20m for the 29-year-
old
> > French international midfielder, who is currently finalising
personal
> > terms with Juventus. Vieira's move away from Arsenal ends a nine-
year
> > association with the club he joined for €5.7m in 1996 after
spells
> > with AC Milan and AS Cannes.
> >
> > Glorious spell
> > Vieira played a major part in transforming Arsenal's fortunes
under
> > manager Arsène Wenger, helping the Londoners to Premiership and
FA
> > Cup doubles in 1998 and 2002, as well as a further league title
in
> > 2004 and FA Cup successes in 2003 and 2005. In all, he made 279
> > Premiership appearances.
> >
> > 'Meet a new challenge'
> > "I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time to have
a
> > new challenge," Vieira said. "But that does not mean I was
unhappy or
> > that I was having a problem at Arsenal. It was just that I had
the
> > feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel
> > Juventus was the best challenge for me."
> >
> > Wenger tribute
> > Wenger added: "Patrick was a great player for us, one of the
greatest
> > in the club's history and I feel I had a special relationship
with
> > him because I made him come here. His impact, not only at Arsenal
but
> > in English football overall, was just tremendous."
> >
> > **************************
> >
> > Damn, I didn't see this one coming :(
> > So Juventus managed what Real failed for years!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 12
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:00:06 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Vieira agrees to join Juventus

he had more chance of joining spurs than staying :)

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Yes, but you thought he would join Spurs ;)
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > i knew he would go :)
> >
> > nick
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > Italian champions Juventus appear to have pulled off the biggest
> > > transfer of the summer so far by signing Arsenal captain Patrick
> > > Vieira.
> > >
> > > End of an era
> > > The two clubs have agreed a deal totalling €20m for the 29-year-
> old
> > > French international midfielder, who is currently finalising
> personal
> > > terms with Juventus. Vieira's move away from Arsenal ends a nine-
> year
> > > association with the club he joined for €5.7m in 1996 after
> spells
> > > with AC Milan and AS Cannes.
> > >
> > > Glorious spell
> > > Vieira played a major part in transforming Arsenal's fortunes
> under
> > > manager Arsène Wenger, helping the Londoners to Premiership and
> FA
> > > Cup doubles in 1998 and 2002, as well as a further league title
> in
> > > 2004 and FA Cup successes in 2003 and 2005. In all, he made 279
> > > Premiership appearances.
> > >
> > > 'Meet a new challenge'
> > > "I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time to have
> a
> > > new challenge," Vieira said. "But that does not mean I was
> unhappy or
> > > that I was having a problem at Arsenal. It was just that I had
> the
> > > feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel
> > > Juventus was the best challenge for me."
> > >
> > > Wenger tribute
> > > Wenger added: "Patrick was a great player for us, one of the
> greatest
> > > in the club's history and I feel I had a special relationship
> with
> > > him because I made him come here. His impact, not only at Arsenal
> but
> > > in English football overall, was just tremendous."
> > >
> > > **************************
> > >
> > > Damn, I didn't see this one coming :(
> > > So Juventus managed what Real failed for years!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 13
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:36:32 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Greek drama as Aris replace Panionios

The Court Of Arbitration For Sport in Greece has relegated Panionios
and promoted Aris Thessalonica to the country's First Division.

The decision will cause a great deal of upset in the Greek League. The
Court ordered a twelve points deduction from Panionios' tally in last
season's campaign because of debts owed to foreign players, as Fifa had
decided a few months ago.

It means that Panionios are relegated to the Greek Second Division, to
be replaced by Aris Thessalonica, who had been relegated from the First
Division.

However, the Court Of Arbitration For Sport is not able to enforce its
order. So the historical team from Thessalonica will have to wait for
the ratification of their decision by Fifa, who will probably accept
Aris' justification.

*******************************

Go Aris!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 14
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:43:02 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Italian Football Federation expel broke duo

Torino and Messina are out of Serie A, courtesy of an FIGC ban as a
result of their financial problems.

However, it must be stressed that it is not strictly over for the
pair, as an appeal procedure is now pending.

"I'm not optimistic but I'm realistic," admitted Granata President
Attilio Romero soberly."I think that we have all of the tools in hand
and all of the prerequisites to remain in Serie A."

Messina seem equally hopeful that they can overturn the federation's
ruling over the next few weeks. "I knew this decision was coming,"
said President Pietro Franza. "But I want to underline that we have
great faith in the bodies who we will now turn to."

"We are certain that we can continue with our adventure in Serie A."

Bologna and Treviso are waiting in the wings should the appeals fall
on deaf ears. Although Perugia finished higher than the latter in
Serie B last season, their own financial problems preclude them from
consideration of Serie A promotion.

With similar problems throughout the top three divisions, it is still
very unclear as to when an official fixture list can be formulated
for the upcoming season.

*****************************

That's too bad for Torino :(
But a healthy financial situation is needed. Many more teams
worldwide should get points deductions, incoming transfer forbid and
relegations!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 15
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:55:10 -0000
From: "soccerfan4123" <soccerfan4123@yahoo.com>
Subject: Manchester United

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let the group here know that the
Manchester United tour of Asia can be found here
http://www.mediazone.com/manchesterasia

I found this site the other day I thought I'd share.

edit: I just found out that this is available for anyone in US or Canada.

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldsoccerclub2/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
worldsoccerclub2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home