Monday, June 20, 2005

[World Soccer Club] Digest Number 1524

There are 10 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Trond Sollied set for Olympiacos
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
2. Re: Trond Sollied set for Olympiacos
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
3. Parma prevail in relegation play-off
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
4. Rabihou rescues stunned Sturm
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
5. Ridiculous...
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
6. Re: Ridiculous...
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
7. Re: Ridiculous...
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
8. Enjoy
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
9. Re: Enjoy
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
10. Re: Ridiculous...
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:42:16 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Trond Sollied set for Olympiacos

yeah and he probably will do alright. just top players dont always
make good coaches. good luck tho :)

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> I agree that he could loose a lot if he would become our new coach,
> also he doesn't have much experience at the highest level as manager.
> But neither did Rijkaard or Van Basten who have lots of succes now.
>
> Ceulemans is doing well at the moment. He is coach of the Belgian
> first division team Westerlo which has a low budget. Still in the 7
> years he was manager there, they never had to fight against
> relegation.
>
> So, if he would become the new coach, it would still be a big
> question about how good he can adapt to this level.
>
> At least he played at the highest level as player as he managed to
> play in a European Championship final and World Cup semi final.
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > tho naming ur best players as ur managers are not always the best
> > idea. tho its in belgium and one of best sides so u could get away
> > with it. just hoddle and ardiles come to mind as bad managers when
> > good players!
> >
> > nick
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > Olympiacos are set to sign Club Brugge's head coach, Trond
> Sollied,
> > > following the departure of Serbian coach Dusan Bajevic, who
> attracted
> > > criticism despite leading the club to a league and cup double
> last term.
> > >
> > > The Greek champions' board of directors decided today, according
> to its
> > > official announcement, to follow all the procedures for signing
> Trond
> > > Sollied.
> > >
> > > The 46 year-old is understood to have met Olympiacos president
> Socrates
> > > Kokkalis last week on the Greek island of Crete, and agreed upon
> an
> > > initial two-year deal with the option of a third but they haven't
> > > announced officially their agreement as the Norwegian is
> currently
> > > under contract at Brugge and Olympiacos have to pay compensation
> in the
> > > region of 400,000 euros to get him.
> > >
> > > Former Lyon boss Paul Le Guen was thought to be their first-
> choice, but
> > > they moved for Sollied after Le Guen rejected their overtures.
> > >
> > > Last February, Sollied was close to Panathinaikos but he decided
> to
> > > reject their offer for the job of coach.
> > >
> > > *************************
> > >
> > > Although I am very happy with Sollied's work during the past 5
> years in
> > > Bruges, I believe it's time for something else.
> > > Now that we are selling/loosing several first team players such
> as our
> > > 2 backs, central midfielder Ceh and probably captain Timmy
> Simons, it's
> > > time for change.
> > > Still, it's not official yet that he is leaving that's what most
> people
> > > expect...
> > >
> > > The biggest rumour is also that Club Brugge will name their all
> time
> > > best player Jan Ceulemans as new coach. Time will tell...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:52:29 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Trond Sollied set for Olympiacos

Sollied isn't gone yet ;)

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
<n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> yeah and he probably will do alright. just top players dont always
> make good coaches. good luck tho :)
>
> nick
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > I agree that he could loose a lot if he would become our new
coach,
> > also he doesn't have much experience at the highest level as
manager.
> > But neither did Rijkaard or Van Basten who have lots of succes
now.
> >
> > Ceulemans is doing well at the moment. He is coach of the Belgian
> > first division team Westerlo which has a low budget. Still in the
7
> > years he was manager there, they never had to fight against
> > relegation.
> >
> > So, if he would become the new coach, it would still be a big
> > question about how good he can adapt to this level.
> >
> > At least he played at the highest level as player as he managed
to
> > play in a European Championship final and World Cup semi final.
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > tho naming ur best players as ur managers are not always the
best
> > > idea. tho its in belgium and one of best sides so u could get
away
> > > with it. just hoddle and ardiles come to mind as bad managers
when
> > > good players!
> > >
> > > nick
> > >
> > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > > Olympiacos are set to sign Club Brugge's head coach, Trond
> > Sollied,
> > > > following the departure of Serbian coach Dusan Bajevic, who
> > attracted
> > > > criticism despite leading the club to a league and cup double
> > last term.
> > > >
> > > > The Greek champions' board of directors decided today,
according
> > to its
> > > > official announcement, to follow all the procedures for
signing
> > Trond
> > > > Sollied.
> > > >
> > > > The 46 year-old is understood to have met Olympiacos
president
> > Socrates
> > > > Kokkalis last week on the Greek island of Crete, and agreed
upon
> > an
> > > > initial two-year deal with the option of a third but they
haven't
> > > > announced officially their agreement as the Norwegian is
> > currently
> > > > under contract at Brugge and Olympiacos have to pay
compensation
> > in the
> > > > region of 400,000 euros to get him.
> > > >
> > > > Former Lyon boss Paul Le Guen was thought to be their first-
> > choice, but
> > > > they moved for Sollied after Le Guen rejected their overtures.
> > > >
> > > > Last February, Sollied was close to Panathinaikos but he
decided
> > to
> > > > reject their offer for the job of coach.
> > > >
> > > > *************************
> > > >
> > > > Although I am very happy with Sollied's work during the past
5
> > years in
> > > > Bruges, I believe it's time for something else.
> > > > Now that we are selling/loosing several first team players
such
> > as our
> > > > 2 backs, central midfielder Ceh and probably captain Timmy
> > Simons, it's
> > > > time for change.
> > > > Still, it's not official yet that he is leaving that's what
most
> > people
> > > > expect...
> > > >
> > > > The biggest rumour is also that Club Brugge will name their
all
> > time
> > > > best player Jan Ceulemans as new coach. Time will tell...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:55:22 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Parma prevail in relegation play-off

Parma preserved their Serie A status after turning around a first-leg
deficit with a 2-0 victory at Bologna that earned a 2-1 triumph
overall in Italy's relegation play-off and sent their opponents down.

Advantage lost
The RossoblĂș held the initiative going into the game after Igli
Tare's goal gave Bologna a 1-0 victory at the Stadio Ennio Tardini in
Tuesday night's first leg. However, after 17 minutes of the second
leg, parity was restored overall as Mark Bresciano's corner was
headed on by Domenico Morfeo and deflected in off Giuseppe Cardone's
foot to bring the two-time UEFA Cup winners level on aggregate.

Gilardino glee
The crucial second goal for Parma came on the stroke of half-time,
with Bresciano causing problems once more. The midfield player's
cross was missed by Bologna defender Nicola Legrottaglie and Alberto
Gilardino was on hand to stroke the ball beyond goalkeeper Gianluca
Pagliuca. Bologna pushed forward in search of a way back into the tie
after the break but failed to find a way past goalkeeper Sebastien
Frey, as Parma held on to maintain their place in the Italian top
flight.

Pagliuca pain
Bologna will join Atalanta and Brescia, who were relegated
automatically, in Serie B next season, after suffering a dramatic
slump in form in which they picked up just four points from their
final eight games of the league season. Defeat was even worse to take
for goalkeeper Pagliuca who, with 569 Serie A appearances to his
name, is just one game away from equalling the record for Italian top-
flight matches currently held by Dino Zoff.

****************************

Too bad to see Bologna go down as it was a nice team, but I still
preffer Parma :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:59:26 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Rabihou rescues stunned Sturm

A second-half goal from Amadou Rabihou spared the blushes of Sturm
Graz in Andorra as they salvaged a 1-1 draw in the first leg of their
Intertoto Cup first round encounter with FC Ranger's.

Wolfsburg waiting
Competing for the right to face German side Wolfsburg in the second
round, the sides played out a scrappy affair on a dusty surface - and
it seemed a surprise might be on the cards when Argentinian Norberto
Urbani put the home side ahead on 35 minutes.

Urbani volley
Sturm, widely expected to win at the Estadi Communal, dominated much
of the game but were unable to make the most of their pressure.
Ranger's, making their first appearance on the European stage, scored
from their only first-half opportunity when Urbani volleyed beyond
visiting goalkeeper Grzegorz Szamotulski from 16 metres.

Rabihou leveller
Michael Petrovic's Sturm looked rattled and took time to feel their
way back into the action, eventually taking one of the string of
chances they created when Rabihou found the net on 70 minutes. But
despite their pressure, Sturm were unable to find a winner, meaning
there will be everything to play for in the second leg on 25 June.

'Getting better'
"We are not yet a team after just one week's training," said
Petrovic. "Naturally, we need a bit more time. But we got better
minute by minute and that makes us confident."

*************************

One day an Andorran team will qualify ;)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:24:49 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Ridiculous...

Once again new football tournaments, meaning new rules...

Not only the Woman European Championship was played these days, also
the FIFA Confederations Cup and FIFA Youth World Cup U-20.

I just saw how Mexico had to take 3 penalties as every time something
is just against the rules...
Player moves to fast, keeper moves to fast, and so on...

I don't know if you guys already saw some WC U-20 games this week
(they show it on Dutch TV as it happens in Holland), but there it's
even worse. Every body gets yellow cards for nothing :p

For example the player touches the ball (to give it to the opposite
team with a throw in, he doesn't kick it away); yellow!!

A cross arrives, the striker is already in balance to hit it with a
volley, the referee blows for off side. Of course the striker can't
just stop his swing and shoots; yellow!!

Where are we going...

And give Collina a few more years as long he is good :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 6
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:57:01 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Ridiculous...

i saw the 3 penalty thing happen in the premiership last season
(yakubu against man ure i think) but the u 20 stuff sounds stupid!
what retarded refs they are!

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Once again new football tournaments, meaning new rules...
>
> Not only the Woman European Championship was played these days, also
> the FIFA Confederations Cup and FIFA Youth World Cup U-20.
>
> I just saw how Mexico had to take 3 penalties as every time something
> is just against the rules...
> Player moves to fast, keeper moves to fast, and so on...
>
> I don't know if you guys already saw some WC U-20 games this week
> (they show it on Dutch TV as it happens in Holland), but there it's
> even worse. Every body gets yellow cards for nothing :p
>
> For example the player touches the ball (to give it to the opposite
> team with a throw in, he doesn't kick it away); yellow!!
>
> A cross arrives, the striker is already in balance to hit it with a
> volley, the referee blows for off side. Of course the striker can't
> just stop his swing and shoots; yellow!!
>
> Where are we going...
>
> And give Collina a few more years as long he is good :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:53:18 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ridiculous...

You can't really blame the referees.
With those 'small' tournaments, the FIFA just like to experiment with
new rules to see how it turns out.

Here is just an example about how crazy it can become.
U-20: Ukraine 2-2 Turkey
Cautions:
YARMASH Grygoriy (UKR) 7' , ADIN Olcan (TUR) 11' , SILYUK Sergiy
(UKR) 17' , GULEC Gokhan (TUR) 18' , OZAVCI Murat (TUR) 19' , TEBER
Ergun (TUR) 21' , GOLOLOBOV Dmytro (UKR) 36' , SILYUK Sergiy (UKR)
37' , CAKMAK Yasin (TUR) 85'

Expulsions:
SILYUK Sergiy (UKR) 37' 2Y

Good that he calmed down during the second half :p
But I saw the highlights of that game and they didn't really played
over the edge.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
<n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> i saw the 3 penalty thing happen in the premiership last season
> (yakubu against man ure i think) but the u 20 stuff sounds stupid!
> what retarded refs they are!
>
> nick
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Once again new football tournaments, meaning new rules...
> >
> > Not only the Woman European Championship was played these days,
also
> > the FIFA Confederations Cup and FIFA Youth World Cup U-20.
> >
> > I just saw how Mexico had to take 3 penalties as every time
something
> > is just against the rules...
> > Player moves to fast, keeper moves to fast, and so on...
> >
> > I don't know if you guys already saw some WC U-20 games this week
> > (they show it on Dutch TV as it happens in Holland), but there
it's
> > even worse. Every body gets yellow cards for nothing :p
> >
> > For example the player touches the ball (to give it to the
opposite
> > team with a throw in, he doesn't kick it away); yellow!!
> >
> > A cross arrives, the striker is already in balance to hit it with
a
> > volley, the referee blows for off side. Of course the striker
can't
> > just stop his swing and shoots; yellow!!
> >
> > Where are we going...
> >
> > And give Collina a few more years as long he is good :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:06:20 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Enjoy

http://apb347.zattevrienden.be/awesome_football.wmv

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:01:44 -0000
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Enjoy

Beautiful!!!

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> http://apb347.zattevrienden.be/awesome_football.wmv

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:05:24 -0000
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ridiculous...

It was ridiculous! Even more when even the third penalty had to be
repeated on the same grounds as the first! If you are going to be a
ridiculosu asshole, then be it until the end. Anyway, Mexico wins 1-
0 over Brazil. Great win in a good match.

And I agree with the yellow cards, however, it is worse when the
referee is too lenient. What happened in Buenos Aires on Thursday
was very much a refelction of the Uruguayan referee allowing the
Argyes too much viloence which in the end transmitted to the public
who gave a show that reminded me of a cage of monkeys.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Once again new football tournaments, meaning new rules...
>
> Not only the Woman European Championship was played these days,
also
> the FIFA Confederations Cup and FIFA Youth World Cup U-20.
>
> I just saw how Mexico had to take 3 penalties as every time
something
> is just against the rules...
> Player moves to fast, keeper moves to fast, and so on...
>
> I don't know if you guys already saw some WC U-20 games this week
> (they show it on Dutch TV as it happens in Holland), but there
it's
> even worse. Every body gets yellow cards for nothing :p
>
> For example the player touches the ball (to give it to the
opposite
> team with a throw in, he doesn't kick it away); yellow!!
>
> A cross arrives, the striker is already in balance to hit it with
a
> volley, the referee blows for off side. Of course the striker
can't
> just stop his swing and shoots; yellow!!
>
> Where are we going...
>
> And give Collina a few more years as long he is good :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldsoccerclub2/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
worldsoccerclub2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home