Monday, June 06, 2005

[World Soccer Club] Digest Number 1510

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/tsUolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

There are 10 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Anyone remember Holmsund?
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
2. Roux stands down after 44 years
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
3. Mainz set for European campaign
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
4. Belgium show inner steel
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
5. United sign Van Der Sar
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
6. Czech's blitz Andorra
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
7. Re: Anyone remember Holmsund?
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
8. Re: Mainz set for European campaign
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
9. Re: Anyone remember Holmsund?
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
10. Re: Mainz set for European campaign
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:12:08 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone remember Holmsund?

Never heard of them before...

Made some research about them:
That team played only once in the Swedish highest division and that
was back in 1967.

Currently they fell back in the Swedish 4th division...

1. Kubikenborgs IF.... 7 5 1 1 18-08 16
2. Ersboda SK......... 7 5 1 1 13-10 16
3. Umedalens IF....... 7 4 0 3 14-08 12
---------
4. Furunäs/Bullmark IK 7 3 2 2 09-07 11
---------
5. Krokom/Dvärsätt IF. 7 3 1 3 12-10 10
6. Matfors IF......... 7 3 1 3 11-09 10
7. IFK Holmsund....... 7 2 3 2 11-09 9
8. IF Älgarna......... 7 2 2 3 11-17 8
9. IFK Sundsvall...... 6 1 4 1 08-08 7
---------
10.Ope IF............. 7 2 1 4 07-13 7
11.Stockviks FF....... 7 2 0 5 04-13 6
12.Graninge FF........ 6 1 0 5 08-14 3

BTW, did anyone tried the new Championship Manager 5 yet?
I find the game pretty bad.
FM 5 or CM03/04 were much better than.

In CM 5 you can't really control the what's happening during the game.
I mean that you can select the speed you want to see the game in,
which are:
- real time (I don't want to spend 90 minutes for just 1 match..)
- x2 (less clear as it goes lots faster, and still don't want to
spend 45 minutes on 1 match)
- x6 you can't follow anything at all anymore as everything just go
so fast.
- highlights (seems the best remaining option, but often it jumps 20
minutes, so if you are for example at the 55th minute and a goal down
you still would like to wait like 10 more minutes to see how it
develops. Than boom, you are suddenly at the 75th minute, so not a
lot of time left).

Previous versions were lots better :)
Only improvement is that you can select all countries to play for,
with a good game speed.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
<n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> Well i am sure many will remember my days in CM of bringing the old
> grandads from Holmsund to european glory. Well i have just found out
> the most famous person to have played for them is Vinnie
> Jones.......quite appropriate i thought :))
>
> Nick

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:51:59 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Roux stands down after 44 years

AJ Auxerre's veteran coach Guy Roux has announced his decision to
retire, just one day after leading his side to their fourth French
Cup title.

Distinguished career
One of the most highly-regarded figures in European football, the 66-
year-old steps down after a long and distinguished career with
Auxerre, the club he first took charge of as a player-manager in
1961. "I've decided to stop. I've been thinking about it for a few
weeks now and over the past few years I've been looking for the right
moment to call it a day," he said. "All the lights are green, the
team has had a good season and the finances are stable."

Into Europe
Roux's eventual replacement will lead the Burgundy outfit into Europe
next season after they beat CS Sedan-Ardennes 2-1 in the French Cup
final yesterday, booking themselves a place in the UEFA Cup. It was
Roux's fourth cup success following wins in 1993, 1996 and 2003, a
feat that took him level in the record books with Lille legend André
Cheuva. He also coached Auxerre to the Ligue 1 title in 1996, having
masterminded the club's ascension from regional football when he took
over.

European success
Likewise, the side prospered in Europe during his rein, enjoying 16
seasons of continental competition and reaching the semi-finals of
the UEFA Cup in 1993, plus a quarter-final finish in the Champions
League in 1997. Health problems plagued his later years in the post,
however, and after an initial retirement during the 2000/01 campaign,
he underwent a heart by-pass operation in 2001. "I'd hoped Guy would
stay on for another year, but he's decided to anticipate the decision
of his doctors and I respect his choice," said Auxerre president Jean-
Claude Hamel.

Youth academy
Famed for his offbeat sense of humour and a keen eye for young
talent, Roux also turned the club's youth academy into one of the
most respected on the continent, producing players of the calibre of
Djibril Cissé, Philippe Mexès, Jean-Alain Boumsong and Olivier Kapo
in recent years. He said of retirement: "The first year is going to
be terrible. But we'll be seeing if I can take on another role at the
club. I'll carry on as a television consultant and I'll be stepping
up my involvement in charity organisations, so I'll definitely be
keeping myself busy."

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/footballcentral/FootballCent
ral/307315_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg

Last finals:
1994 AJ Auxerre 3-0 Montpellier-Hérault SC
1995 Paris Saint-Germain FC 1–0 RC Strasbourg
1996 AJ Auxerre 1-0 Nîmes Olympique
1997 OGC Nice 1-1 En Avant Guingamp [aet, 4-3 pen]
1998 Paris Saint-Germain FC 2-1 Lens
1999 FC Nantes 1-0 CS Sedan-Ardennes
2000 FC Nantes 2-1 Racing Union FC Calais
2001 RC Strasbourg 0-0 Amiens SC [aet, 5-4 pen]
2002 FC Lorient 1-0 Bastia
2003 AJ Auxerre 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain FC
2004 Paris Saint-Germain FC 1-0 Châteauroux
2005 AJ Auxerre 2-1 CS Sedan-Ardennes

Winners list:
10 Olympique de Marseille
06 Saint-Étienne
06 Paris Saint-Germain
05 Red Star
05 Racing Club de Paris
05 Lille
05 AS Monaco
04 AJ Auxerre

************************************

I watched the end of that game yesterday.
The winning goal was scored by Bonaventure Kalou in the 93rd minute
who played the day before with Ivory Coast in Lybia :p

Sad to see Guy Roux leave, but yeah, I suppose 44 years is enough :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:55:46 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Mainz set for European campaign

FSV Mainz 05 have been awarded a place in next season's UEFA Cup
following the UEFA Fair Play draw, which was held in Manchester today.

Viking rewarded
The 2004/05 UEFA Fair Play competition ranked the Norwegian Football
Association top, paving the way for Viking FK to win an automatic
UEFA Cup berth. But six other associations - Denmark, Sweden,
Estonia, Germany, England and Switzerland - all finished with a
coefficient equal or higher than 8.0 to earn a place in today's draw
for two further places.

Half-time draw
The draw was conducted by Sir Trevor Brooking, director of football
development at the English Football Association, and UEFA official
Pat Quigley, during the half-time interval at the WOMEN'S EURO 2005
match between England and Finland at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Lucky pair
The associations to emerge from the draw were the Danish Football
Association and the German Football Association. The Danish
Superleague does not finish until 19 June, by which time the team
which benefits from their extra place will be clear, but the German
Bundesliga's domestic Fair Play winners Mainz can already begin
planning for a UEFA Cup campaign.

July start
Viking, the Danish representatives and Mainz, who finished eleventh
in their first top-flight season since winning promotion from the 2.
Bundesliga this time last year, will all join the UEFA Cup in the
first qualifying round next month.

*******************************

That's too bad for Spurs as they were the English representant in
this draw :(

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:02:20 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Belgium show inner steel

Serbia and Montenegro remain unbeaten at the top of World Cup
qualifying Group 7 saw their points advantage over Spain disappear
despite dominating their home match with Belgium in Belgrade.

Belgium in contention
At kick-off the leaders had a two-point cushion over Spain and
Lithuania but Aimé Anthuenis's side, who were four behind, proved no
pushovers and remain in contention. And with Spain defeating
Lithuania, Serbia and Montenegro now lead only on goal difference.

Proto saves
The home side were in charge right from the off and they almost took
the lead after four minutes when Nenad Jestrovic found himself one-on-
one with Sylvio Proto, but was denied by a brilliant save from the
Belgian goalkeeper.

Jevric relief
Belgium responded with an attempted lob by defender Daniel Van Buyten
which almost caught Dragoslav Jevric by surprise. However, the
goalkeeper, who had not conceded a goal in 547 minutes before this
match, was able to breath a sigh of relief as the attempt sailed just
wide.

Vukic denied
Danijel Ljuboja turned Ognjen Koroman's cross wide from six metres
out just before the break, and after half-time the game continued in
its previous pattern. Zvonimir Vukic's header seemed to be bound for
the back of the net, but somehow Proto made the save.

Vucinic debut
At the other end Mbo Mpenza missed the target from near the penalty
spot, but Proto remained the busier goalkeeper and did well to stop a
long-range free-kick from striker Mirko Vucinic, making his debut as
a second-half subsitute.

Time up
Finally time ran out for Serbia and Montenegro, but not before Simon
Vukcevic's outrageous effort from 35 metres out rattled Proto's
crossbar. Serbia and Montenegro, who could well lose first place when
Spain meet Bosnia-Hezegovina on Wednesay, next welcome Lithuania on 3
September. That night Belgium, still fourth a point behind Lithuania,
go to Bosnia-Herzegovina hoping to close the gap on second place.

********************************

It's a good result as we missed too many important players. Regulars
like De Vlieger in the goal, Van Der Heyden on left back, Deflandre
on right back, Kompany and Simons on central defender, Goor as left
winger and Sonck as striker.

So even as we are now at 4 points of a qualification spot, this 0-0
must be a good result. When you look at the open chances we should
have lost 5-1...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:05:27 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: United sign Van Der Sar

Manchester United have signed goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar from Fulham
for an undisclosed fee.

The Dutch international, 34, has agreed a two-year contract with the
Red Devils and will join the club on July 1st providing he passes a
medical.

United have been looking for a new keeper since releasing Roy Carroll
last month. Spanish shot-stopper Ricardo will also be leaving Old
Trafford this summer when his contract expires.

Van der Sar joined Fulham from Juventus for £5m in 2001.

He will presumably be United's first choice next season, ahead of
American Tim Howard, who signed a new long-term contract last month.

****************************

Van Der Sar is getting old, but I am sure he will be a very good
signing for Utd, unfortunately... :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 6
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:21:42 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Czech's blitz Andorra

The Czech Republic have blitzed Andorra 8-1, but remain behind the
Netherlands, who won 2-0 at home to third placed Romania.
Victory was always expected for the Czech's, but the margin of the win
will raise eyebrows.

Lokvenc opened the scoring on 13 minutes and just before the half-hour
mark Jan Koller doubled the home teams lead. Riera responded for the
visitors soon after, but hope of a comeback were dashed for Vladimir
Smicer on 38 minutes.

Galasek sealed the win from the penalty spot on 52 minutes and 10
minutes later Andorra were reduced to ten men as Ruiz was sent-off. The
minnows held firm until 10 minutes from time, but then let in four
quick goals. Milan Baros, Tomas Rosicky and Polak got their names on
the scoresheet, while Lokvenc, who started the rout, finished it in
stoppage time.

------------------------------

I suppose Andorra can be happy with this away goal scored :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:58:37 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Anyone remember Holmsund?

thats because cm5 is not made by the same people, thus making it crap!

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Never heard of them before...
>
> Made some research about them:
> That team played only once in the Swedish highest division and that
> was back in 1967.
>
> Currently they fell back in the Swedish 4th division...
>
> 1. Kubikenborgs IF.... 7 5 1 1 18-08 16
> 2. Ersboda SK......... 7 5 1 1 13-10 16
> 3. Umedalens IF....... 7 4 0 3 14-08 12
> ---------
> 4. Furunäs/Bullmark IK 7 3 2 2 09-07 11
> ---------
> 5. Krokom/Dvärsätt IF. 7 3 1 3 12-10 10
> 6. Matfors IF......... 7 3 1 3 11-09 10
> 7. IFK Holmsund....... 7 2 3 2 11-09 9
> 8. IF Älgarna......... 7 2 2 3 11-17 8
> 9. IFK Sundsvall...... 6 1 4 1 08-08 7
> ---------
> 10.Ope IF............. 7 2 1 4 07-13 7
> 11.Stockviks FF....... 7 2 0 5 04-13 6
> 12.Graninge FF........ 6 1 0 5 08-14 3
>
>
> BTW, did anyone tried the new Championship Manager 5 yet?
> I find the game pretty bad.
> FM 5 or CM03/04 were much better than.
>
> In CM 5 you can't really control the what's happening during the game.
> I mean that you can select the speed you want to see the game in,
> which are:
> - real time (I don't want to spend 90 minutes for just 1 match..)
> - x2 (less clear as it goes lots faster, and still don't want to
> spend 45 minutes on 1 match)
> - x6 you can't follow anything at all anymore as everything just go
> so fast.
> - highlights (seems the best remaining option, but often it jumps 20
> minutes, so if you are for example at the 55th minute and a goal down
> you still would like to wait like 10 more minutes to see how it
> develops. Than boom, you are suddenly at the 75th minute, so not a
> lot of time left).
>
> Previous versions were lots better :)
> Only improvement is that you can select all countries to play for,
> with a good game speed.
>
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > Well i am sure many will remember my days in CM of bringing the old
> > grandads from Holmsund to european glory. Well i have just found out
> > the most famous person to have played for them is Vinnie
> > Jones.......quite appropriate i thought :))
> >
> > Nick

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:59:45 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Mainz set for European campaign

neither team are going to get far. hope both go out first round

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> FSV Mainz 05 have been awarded a place in next season's UEFA Cup
> following the UEFA Fair Play draw, which was held in Manchester today.
>
> Viking rewarded
> The 2004/05 UEFA Fair Play competition ranked the Norwegian Football
> Association top, paving the way for Viking FK to win an automatic
> UEFA Cup berth. But six other associations - Denmark, Sweden,
> Estonia, Germany, England and Switzerland - all finished with a
> coefficient equal or higher than 8.0 to earn a place in today's draw
> for two further places.
>
> Half-time draw
> The draw was conducted by Sir Trevor Brooking, director of football
> development at the English Football Association, and UEFA official
> Pat Quigley, during the half-time interval at the WOMEN'S EURO 2005
> match between England and Finland at the City of Manchester Stadium.
>
> Lucky pair
> The associations to emerge from the draw were the Danish Football
> Association and the German Football Association. The Danish
> Superleague does not finish until 19 June, by which time the team
> which benefits from their extra place will be clear, but the German
> Bundesliga's domestic Fair Play winners Mainz can already begin
> planning for a UEFA Cup campaign.
>
> July start
> Viking, the Danish representatives and Mainz, who finished eleventh
> in their first top-flight season since winning promotion from the 2.
> Bundesliga this time last year, will all join the UEFA Cup in the
> first qualifying round next month.
>
> *******************************
>
> That's too bad for Spurs as they were the English representant in
> this draw :(

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:27:18 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone remember Holmsund?

It is carp

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
<n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> thats because cm5 is not made by the same people, thus making it
crap!
>
> nick
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Never heard of them before...
> >
> > Made some research about them:
> > That team played only once in the Swedish highest division and
that
> > was back in 1967.
> >
> > Currently they fell back in the Swedish 4th division...
> >
> > 1. Kubikenborgs IF.... 7 5 1 1 18-08 16
> > 2. Ersboda SK......... 7 5 1 1 13-10 16
> > 3. Umedalens IF....... 7 4 0 3 14-08 12
> > ---------
> > 4. Furunäs/Bullmark IK 7 3 2 2 09-07 11
> > ---------
> > 5. Krokom/Dvärsätt IF. 7 3 1 3 12-10 10
> > 6. Matfors IF......... 7 3 1 3 11-09 10
> > 7. IFK Holmsund....... 7 2 3 2 11-09 9
> > 8. IF Älgarna......... 7 2 2 3 11-17 8
> > 9. IFK Sundsvall...... 6 1 4 1 08-08 7
> > ---------
> > 10.Ope IF............. 7 2 1 4 07-13 7
> > 11.Stockviks FF....... 7 2 0 5 04-13 6
> > 12.Graninge FF........ 6 1 0 5 08-14 3
> >
> >
> > BTW, did anyone tried the new Championship Manager 5 yet?
> > I find the game pretty bad.
> > FM 5 or CM03/04 were much better than.
> >
> > In CM 5 you can't really control the what's happening during the
game.
> > I mean that you can select the speed you want to see the game in,
> > which are:
> > - real time (I don't want to spend 90 minutes for just 1 match..)
> > - x2 (less clear as it goes lots faster, and still don't want to
> > spend 45 minutes on 1 match)
> > - x6 you can't follow anything at all anymore as everything just
go
> > so fast.
> > - highlights (seems the best remaining option, but often it jumps
20
> > minutes, so if you are for example at the 55th minute and a goal
down
> > you still would like to wait like 10 more minutes to see how it
> > develops. Than boom, you are suddenly at the 75th minute, so not
a
> > lot of time left).
> >
> > Previous versions were lots better :)
> > Only improvement is that you can select all countries to play
for,
> > with a good game speed.
> >
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
> > <n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> > > Well i am sure many will remember my days in CM of bringing the
old
> > > grandads from Holmsund to european glory. Well i have just
found out
> > > the most famous person to have played for them is Vinnie
> > > Jones.......quite appropriate i thought :))
> > >
> > > Nick

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:28:04 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Mainz set for European campaign

Hey, it's not their fault that Spurs didn't got the ticket :p

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
<n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> neither team are going to get far. hope both go out first round
>
> nick
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > FSV Mainz 05 have been awarded a place in next season's UEFA Cup
> > following the UEFA Fair Play draw, which was held in Manchester
today.
> >
> > Viking rewarded
> > The 2004/05 UEFA Fair Play competition ranked the Norwegian
Football
> > Association top, paving the way for Viking FK to win an automatic
> > UEFA Cup berth. But six other associations - Denmark, Sweden,
> > Estonia, Germany, England and Switzerland - all finished with a
> > coefficient equal or higher than 8.0 to earn a place in today's
draw
> > for two further places.
> >
> > Half-time draw
> > The draw was conducted by Sir Trevor Brooking, director of
football
> > development at the English Football Association, and UEFA
official
> > Pat Quigley, during the half-time interval at the WOMEN'S EURO
2005
> > match between England and Finland at the City of Manchester
Stadium.
> >
> > Lucky pair
> > The associations to emerge from the draw were the Danish Football
> > Association and the German Football Association. The Danish
> > Superleague does not finish until 19 June, by which time the team
> > which benefits from their extra place will be clear, but the
German
> > Bundesliga's domestic Fair Play winners Mainz can already begin
> > planning for a UEFA Cup campaign.
> >
> > July start
> > Viking, the Danish representatives and Mainz, who finished
eleventh
> > in their first top-flight season since winning promotion from the
2.
> > Bundesliga this time last year, will all join the UEFA Cup in the
> > first qualifying round next month.
> >
> > *******************************
> >
> > That's too bad for Spurs as they were the English representant in
> > this draw :(

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldsoccerclub2/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
worldsoccerclub2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home