Tuesday, May 31, 2005

[World Soccer Club] Digest Number 1504

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/tsUolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

There are 24 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Only the Dutch...
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
2. Re: Nick, what u done now ??
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
3. One adventure ends... another begins...
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
4. Milan move for Jankulovski
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
5. Baku claim first cup
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
6. West Ham rejoin English élite
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
7. Allianz-Arena set to open
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
8. Genk rally to book European berth
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
9. View from Milan
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
10. Germinal Beerschot surprise Brugge in cup final
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
11. Feyenoord snap up teen
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
12. Galatasaray Waits Eric Gerets in Istanbul
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
13. Re: LMFAO
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
14. Re: Baku claim first cup
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
15. Re: Allianz-Arena set to open
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
16. Re: West Ham rejoin English élite
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
17. Re: Genk rally to book European berth
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
18. Re: View from Milan
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
19. Re: Germinal Beerschot surprise Brugge in cup final
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
20. Re: Feyenoord snap up teen
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
21. Re: LMFAO
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
22. Re: Galatasaray Waits Eric Gerets in Istanbul
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
23. 65 meter goal
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
24. Re: Genk rally to book European berth
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:06:45 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Only the Dutch...

Maybe they enjoy the rush of having broken into someone else's home.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> One Word: HOTEL!!!!!! LOL
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
> <the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> > Burglars caught having sex
> >
> > Police in Holland caught two burglars having sex in the house they
> had
> > broken into.
> >
> > Neighbours of the empty house in Beuningen alerted police after
> they
> > heard suspicious noises.
> >
> > Officers went to investigate and found a 39-year-old man and a
> woman,
> > 35, having sex.
> >
> > They told police they broke into the house only because they were
> > desperate to make love.
> >
> > Police said they would not be charged.
> >
> > *****************************************************
> >
> > Too funny :))

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:07:23 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Nick, what u done now ??

The Dark side reveals its Dark flesh :))

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> LOL!!!!!
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
> <the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> > Darth Vader shows his dark side
> >
> > Police in Malaysia are hunting a man who flashes women while
> wearing a
> > Darth Vader costume.
> >
> > The Star Wars flasher exposed himself to women factory workers in
> two
> > industrial areas of Bandar Baru Nilai.
> >
> > Priscilla, 33, a factory supervisor, said the man got out of his
> car,
> > strutted about menacingly in his Darth Vader suit before flashing
> to
> > 15 women workers standing at a bus stop at 7am.
> >
> > "At first, I thought he was a die-hard Star Wars fan trying to
> impress
> > us with his costume. But we were shocked when he showed us his
> private
> > parts," she told Malaysia's Star newspaper.
> >
> > The women were waiting for buses to take them home after their
> night
> > shift.
> >
> > When some of the women screamed, he jumped into his car and drove
> off.
> >
> > "Next time it will not be Revenge of the Sith but revenge on a sick
> > man if we catch him doing his act again," Priscilla added.
> >
> > The flasher was reported to have displayed himself to another
> group of
> > workers at a second factory nearby.
> >
> > **********************************************
> >
> > Nick has gone too far this time :))

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:20:46 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: One adventure ends... another begins...

Meanwhile somewhere in North Korea....
"Haha!" a voice called out in the dark with a Belgian accent, "those
fools still think I'm at the benches. The cardboard cutout trick
always works!"

Back in Bracknell....
Gerard looked at the Jeremy van Lint cutout... "Hey man, are you okay?
I know you're a normally boring guy, but you've never been this
boring before! Hello? Anyone home? Geez, forget it..."

Back in the eastern most end of the Axis of Evil....
The Belgian voice tore through the darkness again. "I will succeed
where my grandfather failed and carry on the proud tradition my father
set in Vietnam!" The van Lint family had been humiliated in Korea
more than 50 years ago... but his father had succeeded in Vietnam
becoming a hero to all communists the world over.
"Kim Jong-il!"
"Yes my master," called a sour voice with an Asian accent.
"Is your Army ready?"
"Please, do not do this, I am a pacifist."
Jeremy slapped the supposed evil dictator across the face. "SILENCE!
I give the orders here! When is your Army ready?"
"In 5 months..."
"Good... excellent... soon, South Korea will be MINE! And communist!"

Meanwhile in Birmingham...
An unlabelled bag the size of a rather short person was last seen
hauled aboard a Korean Air Lines airplane.
Destination: Pohang, Marine Corps Training Center.

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:01:13 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Milan move for Jankulovski

Serie A runners-up AC Milan have signed Czech Republic international
Marek Jankulovski from Udinese for an undisclosed fee.

Double swoop
The 28-year-old has agreed a four-year contract to become Milan's
second signing since the Champions League final defeat by Liverpool.
The arrival of Switzerland midfielder Johann Vogel from PSV Eindhoven
was announced on Thursday.

Key player
Jankulovski, who is currently recovering from a fractured ankle and
faces another two months' rehabilitation, was a key player in
Udinese's fine 2004/05 season which ended in a fourth-place finish
and Champions League qualification.

Versatile performer
The former Baník Ostrava and Napoli player can operate as a left-back
or on the left side of midfield and can both defend and score goals -
16 in 91 league appearances over three seasons at the Friuli stadium.

************************************

Jankulovski is a great player, good signing by Milan!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:06:40 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Baku claim first cup

FK Baku defeated Inter Baku 2-1 in extra time to win the Azerbaijani
Cup for the first time.

Leandro opener
With both teams making their final debut, Baku quickly took the lead
as their Brazilian striker Leandro Gomes struck after just five
minutes. Inter seemed to have equalised soon after, but Agshin
Omarov's goal was ruled out by the referee for offside.

Scores level
However, Inter managed to level after the break. Nigerian forward
Lucky Idahor flicked Elmar Bakhshiyev's low cross into the centre of
the area for Uladzimir Makouski to score on 54 minutes. After that
Inter took the initiative, but could create only one more clear
chance as Ramil Sayadov headed wide in the final minute.

Ladaga winner
The game entered extra time, and Idahor was dismissed for punching
Baku defender Ramin Guliyev after 113 minutes. Two minutes later
André Ladaga's powerful 30-metre free-kick resulted in the winning
goal for Baku, who earned their second UEFA Cup campaign having
previously qualified by finishing as league runners-up in 1997/98
when they were known as Dinamo Baku.

Wait over
"I am happy to have scored the winning goal in the final," said
Ladaga. "We waited a long time for this victory and we deserved it."

Last finals:
2000/01 Safa Baku 2-1 Neftci Baku
2001/02 Neftci Baku abd Samkir [Samkir walked off]
2002/03 not played
2003/04 Neftci Baku 1-0 Samkir
2004/05 FK Baku 2-1 Inter Baku

Number of Wins (13) [lost finals between square brackets]
5 [1] Neftchi Baku
4 [0] Kapaz Ganca
1 [3] Qarabag Agdam
1 [0] FK Baku
1 [0] Inshaatchi Baku
1 [0] Safa Baki

****************************************

Another Cup for the city of Baku...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:14:06 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: West Ham rejoin English élite

West Ham United ended a two-year exile from English football's top
flight by beating Preston North End 1-0 at the Millennium Stadium in
Cardiff.

One goal enough
Bobby Zamora's 57th-minute goal settled the promotion play-off final
in favour of the London team, who had hit the post in the opening
minutes through TomᚠRepka and had also seen Marlon Harewood and
Zamora denied by desperate blocks by Preston goalkeeper Carlo Nash
and defender Claude Davis shortly before the goal.

No return
Preston, English football's original champions, in 1889 and then
1890, were aiming to return to the élite following a 44-year absence.
But the nearest the north-west club came to scoring was when Richard
Creswell's header was cleared off the line early in the second half.

Semi-final successes
West Ham had defeated Ipswich Town 4-2 on aggregate in their play-off
semi-final while Preston overcame Derby County 2-0 over two legs.

Championship Final Table:
1.Sunderland....... 46 29 07 10 76-41 94 Promoted
2.Wigan Athletic... 46 25 12 09 79-35 87 Promoted
3.Ipswich Town..... 46 24 13 09 85-56 85 Lost Playoff
4.Derby County..... 46 22 10 14 71-60 76 Lost Playoff
5.Preston North End 46 21 12 13 67-58 75 Lost Playoff
6.West Ham United.. 46 21 10 15 66-56 73 Promoted
7.Reading.......... 46 19 13 14 51-44 70

West Ham United (1919)
.I: 48: 1923-32, 1958-78, 1981-89, 1991-92, 1993-2003, 2005-
II: 31: 1919-23, 1932-58, 1978-81, 1989-91, 1992-93, 2003-2005

******************************************

Great to see West Ham back!!
As long they don't mix shirts with Villa :p

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:18:22 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Allianz-Arena set to open

On Tuesday Bayern München take to the field at the new ground for the
first time. They face Germany's national team, and all 66,000 available
tickets were snapped up weeks ago.

Bayern's German internationals Oliver Kahn, Michael Ballack, Torsten
Frings, Sebastian Deisler and Bastian Schweinsteiger will appear for
their club against the national side.

Along with the players and spectators, Bayern president Franz
Beckenbauer cannot wait to see the new stadium open its doors. "I think
we have succeeded in building the best stadium in Europe. The
atmosphere will be fantastic. I am absolutely sure we have created a
worthy arena for the opening match of the 2006 World Cup," said
Beckenbauer.

********************************

For those who havn't seen the stadium yet:
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/UCL/296417_BIGLAN
DSCAPE.jpg

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:32:30 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Genk rally to book European berth

KRC Genk defeated Standard de Liège 3-0 to win the play-off for a
UEFA Cup second round qualifying place 4-3 on aggregate.

Goals required
Standard held a 3-1 advantage going into the second leg of the tie
between the two club's who finished on level points in third position
in the Belgian First Division, meaning Genk needed to win by at least
two goals to have a chance of European football next term.

Early brace
René Vandereycken's side made the perfect start with a goal in the
first minute thanks to Nenad Stojanovic, before doubling their
advantage through their leading marksman Kevin Vandenbergh six
minutes later, to level on aggregate and lead on away goals. However,
Genk put the result beyond doubt 17 minutes from time as Vandenbergh
claimed his second of the game. Dominique D'onofrio's men almost took
the game into extra time with a minute remaining only for Oguchi
Onyewu to strike the post, as Genk held on to win 4-3 on aggregate.

Roeselare rejoice
Elsewhere, KSV Roeselare will be playing top-flight Belgian football
for the first time next season after a 1-1 draw with second-placed
Verbroedering Geel gave them an unassailable five-point lead at the
top of the second division promotion play-offs with one game
remaining. The club was founded in 1999, when SK and Club Roeselare
merged, and they become the fourth West-Flemish side in the Belgian
First Division, along with league champions Club Brugge, Cercle
Brugge and second division winners Zulte-Waregem.

Final Table:
1. Club Brugge......... 34 24 07 03 83-25 79 Champions
2. RSC Anderlecht...... 34 23 07 04 75-34 76 CL Qualifying
3. KRC Genk............ 34 21 07 06 59-37 70 UEFA Cup
4. Standard CL......... 34 21 07 06 64-30 70 Intertoto
5. SC Charleroi........ 34 19 07 08 47-34 64 Intertoto
6. KAA Gent............ 34 18 05 11 46-36 59 Intertoto
7. La Louvière......... 34 12 08 14 43-43 44
8. Lokeren SNW......... 34 11 11 12 36-38 44
9. Germinal Beerschot.. 34 12 06 16 36-45 42 UEFA Cup
10.Lierse SK........... 34 12 05 17 57-60 41
11.Cercle Brugge....... 34 12 05 17 45-74 41
12.Westerlo............ 34 11 06 17 34-54 39
13.Excelsior Mouscron.. 34 10 06 18 40-43 36
14.Sint Truiden........ 34 10 06 18 40-58 36
15.FC Brussels......... 34 10 03 21 32-60 33
16.SK Beveren.......... 34 08 08 18 43-59 32
17.KV Oostende......... 34 06 09 19 31-62 27 Relegated
18.AEC Mons............ 34 07 05 22 39-58 26 Relegated

Scorers:
18 goals: Nenad Jestrovic (Anderlecht-Serbia)
17 goals: Kevin Vandenbergh (Racing Genk-Belgium)
15 goals: Sambegou Bangoura (Standard-Nigeria)
15 goals: Rune Lange (Club Brugge-Norway)
14 goals: Aruna Dindane (Anderlecht-Ivory Coast)
14 goals: Alyiu Datti (Mons-Nigeria)
14 goals: Archie Thompson (Lierse-Australia)
14 goals: Marcin Zewlakow (Mouscron-Poland)
13 goals: Ndrissa Romaric (Beveren-Ivory Coast)
13 goals: Moussa Sanogo (Beveren-Ivory Coast)
13 goals: Gert Verheyen (Club Brugge-Belgium)
11 goals: Bosko Balaban (Club Brugge-Croatia)

Tweede Klasse Final Table:
1.SV Zulte-Waregem.. 34 22 07 05 71-35 73 Promoted
2.KSV Roeselare..... 34 16 12 06 51-31 60 Promoted
3.Verbroedering Geel 34 16 08 10 49-36 56 Lost Playoff
4.Antwerp FC........ 34 15 05 14 48-40 50 Lost Playoff
5.Red Star Waasland. 34 14 08 12 51-55 50 Lost Playoff
6.AFC Tubize........ 34 14 06 14 54-49 48

****************************

That's sad for Standard!
Belgium deserves a 4th spot in Europe!!

Where was the time that we had 1 team in the Champions Cup, 1 in the
Cup Winners Cup and 3 in the UEFA Cup... :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:37:34 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: View from Milan

Italians are very superstitious, and football fans are the most
superstitious of all. Bear this in mind and you will begin to
understand Champions League final preparations for AC Milan players
and, most intensely of all, their supporters.

History, in the eyes of the superstitious, is repeating itself, with
the death of a pope, and Juventus winning the Scudetto. If that were
not enough, Inter will play an Italian Cup final against Roma next
month. And Milan, of course, face Liverpool, the 1978 winners, in the
Champions League final.

Galliani says: "Let's be serious; Liverpool were playing against
Bruges. With all due respect, we're a much more difficult opponent."

*******************************

Huh? I didn't understood that last part :p

If I think logicaly, we have beaten the future Italian champions
Juventus in the semi final that year, so we could be seen stronger
than Milan ;)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:05:12 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Germinal Beerschot surprise Brugge in cup final

Club Brugge failed to achieve the 'double' in Belgium. After having
won the Jupiler League, the Cup final turned out to be a bridge to
far, as Germinal Beerschot walked away with the trophy.

GBA needed 23 minutes to open the score through Snoeckx, but Verheyen
levelled for Brugge in the 53rd minute, putting the ball past
goalkeeper Luciano Da Silva, who was playing despite having suffered
a broken rib.

Just a minute after Club's goal however, Kris De Wree restored the
lead for the Antwerpen based side, and his goal turned out to be
decisive, as Brugge failed to find their way back into the match.

As Beerschot, the side had already won the Belgian Cup in 1971, when
they defeated Sint-Truiden 2-1, and eight years later, with a 1-0
victory over Club Brugge.

Last finals:
1995 Club Brugge 3-1 Germinal Ekeren
1996 Club Brugge 2-1 Cercle Brugge
1997 Germinal Ekeren 4-2 Anderlecht [aet]
1998 Racing Genk 4-0 Club Brugge
1999 Lierse 3-1 Standard
2000 Racing Genk 4-1 Standard
2001 Westerlo 1-0 Lommel
2002 Club Brugge 3-1 Excelsior Mouscron
2003 La Louvière 3-1 Sint-Truiden
2004 Club Brugge 4-2 Beveren
2005 Germinal Beerschot 2-1 Club Brugge

Number of Cups (49) per Club [lost finals between square brackets]
9 [6] Club Brugge
8 [3] Anderlecht
5 [8] Standard

********************************

We were pretty poor, not that Germinal Beerschot were much stronger
that day, but they had a bigger hunger. After all they might deserve
it more than. Too bad as you can't win the double every year...

BTW, can you see Anderlecht in the cup final in the past 10 years? ;)

Club Brugge - Germinal Beerschot Cup final highlights:
http://www.debrugge.be/movie's/finale.wmv

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:06:53 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Feyenoord snap up teen

Feyenoord have already begun building for next season by capturing
Belgium talent Timothy Derijck.

The 17-year-old defender will move to Rotterdam from Anderlecht at the
start of July, with Feyenoord currently negotiating a fee for the
player's youth development costs.

Derijck, a Belgian Under-19 international, looks set to be joined at De
Kuip by compatriot Timmy Simons of Club Brugge, with a deal expected to
be completed in the near future.

Erwin Koeman is the new coach of the Rotterdam club after Ruud Gullit's
exit.

*******************************

Damn, I hope they won't be able to sign our captain :s

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 12
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:09:17 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Galatasaray Waits Eric Gerets in Istanbul

Belgian Technical Director Eric Gerets takes over the seat of
Technical Director Gheorghe Hagi, who has resigned after the
Denizlispor match in which Galatasaray were defeated 4-0.

It is revealed that the Galatasaray administration has reached
agreement in principle with Eric Gerets, who is among the technical
director nominees for Hagi's position. The Belgian technical director
Gerets that resigned from his post in the Wolfsburg team from Germany
is expected to be in Istanbul during this week. It is reported that
the yellow-red administration will come to a final agreement after
meeting Gerets one last time. It is also noted that Gerets who has an
advanced level of the French language and his show of great concern
to the young players coming up through the ranks, played a major role
in Galatasaray's choice.

Eric Gerets experienced his first championship win of his technical
directorship career working with one of his home countries' teams,
Lierse in 1997. The next season came to a positive end, this time
working with Club Brugge. Later on, the 51-year-old technical
director worked with the PSV Eindhoven team from Holland for three
years taking them to the championship twice in that time. For the
last three seasons, he has been continuing his technical directorship
career in Germany.

***********************************

They use the word 'technical director' a bit too much here :p

Anyway, great too see Gerets going there :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 13
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:12:45 -0000
From: "Manuel" <manuelgon_1999@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: LMFAO

LOL!!!!!

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
<the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> www.redcoat.net/pics/Conan-Triumph-at-Star-Wars.wmv

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 14
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:54:29 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Baku claim first cup

What, no AC Baku?

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> FK Baku defeated Inter Baku 2-1 in extra time to win the Azerbaijani
> Cup for the first time.
>
> Leandro opener
> With both teams making their final debut, Baku quickly took the lead
> as their Brazilian striker Leandro Gomes struck after just five
> minutes. Inter seemed to have equalised soon after, but Agshin
> Omarov's goal was ruled out by the referee for offside.
>
> Scores level
> However, Inter managed to level after the break. Nigerian forward
> Lucky Idahor flicked Elmar Bakhshiyev's low cross into the centre of
> the area for Uladzimir Makouski to score on 54 minutes. After that
> Inter took the initiative, but could create only one more clear
> chance as Ramil Sayadov headed wide in the final minute.
>
> Ladaga winner
> The game entered extra time, and Idahor was dismissed for punching
> Baku defender Ramin Guliyev after 113 minutes. Two minutes later
> André Ladaga's powerful 30-metre free-kick resulted in the winning
> goal for Baku, who earned their second UEFA Cup campaign having
> previously qualified by finishing as league runners-up in 1997/98
> when they were known as Dinamo Baku.
>
> Wait over
> "I am happy to have scored the winning goal in the final," said
> Ladaga. "We waited a long time for this victory and we deserved it."
>
> Last finals:
> 2000/01 Safa Baku 2-1 Neftci Baku
> 2001/02 Neftci Baku abd Samkir [Samkir walked off]
> 2002/03 not played
> 2003/04 Neftci Baku 1-0 Samkir
> 2004/05 FK Baku 2-1 Inter Baku
>
>
> Number of Wins (13) [lost finals between square brackets]
> 5 [1] Neftchi Baku
> 4 [0] Kapaz Ganca
> 1 [3] Qarabag Agdam
> 1 [0] FK Baku
> 1 [0] Inshaatchi Baku
> 1 [0] Safa Baki
>
>
> ****************************************
>
> Another Cup for the city of Baku...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 15
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:56:42 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Allianz-Arena set to open

Cool!
Bayern's new signing, Ali Karimi boasts a lot of individual skill.
We'll see how he does in the following season.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> On Tuesday Bayern München take to the field at the new ground for the
> first time. They face Germany's national team, and all 66,000 available
> tickets were snapped up weeks ago.
>
> Bayern's German internationals Oliver Kahn, Michael Ballack, Torsten
> Frings, Sebastian Deisler and Bastian Schweinsteiger will appear for
> their club against the national side.
>
> Along with the players and spectators, Bayern president Franz
> Beckenbauer cannot wait to see the new stadium open its doors. "I think
> we have succeeded in building the best stadium in Europe. The
> atmosphere will be fantastic. I am absolutely sure we have created a
> worthy arena for the opening match of the 2006 World Cup," said
> Beckenbauer.
>
> ********************************
>
> For those who havn't seen the stadium yet:
> http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/UCL/296417_BIGLAN
> DSCAPE.jpg

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 16
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:55:03 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: West Ham rejoin English élite

No one will be able to tell the difference... especially from watching
them play.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> West Ham United ended a two-year exile from English football's top
> flight by beating Preston North End 1-0 at the Millennium Stadium in
> Cardiff.
>
> One goal enough
> Bobby Zamora's 57th-minute goal settled the promotion play-off final
> in favour of the London team, who had hit the post in the opening
> minutes through TomᚠRepka and had also seen Marlon Harewood and
> Zamora denied by desperate blocks by Preston goalkeeper Carlo Nash
> and defender Claude Davis shortly before the goal.
>
> No return
> Preston, English football's original champions, in 1889 and then
> 1890, were aiming to return to the élite following a 44-year absence.
> But the nearest the north-west club came to scoring was when Richard
> Creswell's header was cleared off the line early in the second half.
>
> Semi-final successes
> West Ham had defeated Ipswich Town 4-2 on aggregate in their play-off
> semi-final while Preston overcame Derby County 2-0 over two legs.
>
>
> Championship Final Table:
> 1.Sunderland....... 46 29 07 10 76-41 94 Promoted
> 2.Wigan Athletic... 46 25 12 09 79-35 87 Promoted
> 3.Ipswich Town..... 46 24 13 09 85-56 85 Lost Playoff
> 4.Derby County..... 46 22 10 14 71-60 76 Lost Playoff
> 5.Preston North End 46 21 12 13 67-58 75 Lost Playoff
> 6.West Ham United.. 46 21 10 15 66-56 73 Promoted
> 7.Reading.......... 46 19 13 14 51-44 70
>
>
> West Ham United (1919)
> .I: 48: 1923-32, 1958-78, 1981-89, 1991-92, 1993-2003, 2005-
> II: 31: 1919-23, 1932-58, 1978-81, 1989-91, 1992-93, 2003-2005
>
>
> ******************************************
>
> Great to see West Ham back!!
> As long they don't mix shirts with Villa :p

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 17
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:59:21 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Genk rally to book European berth

awwww.. at least the GBA lot got the UEFA Cup spot through beating you
guys.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> KRC Genk defeated Standard de Liège 3-0 to win the play-off for a
> UEFA Cup second round qualifying place 4-3 on aggregate.
>
> Goals required
> Standard held a 3-1 advantage going into the second leg of the tie
> between the two club's who finished on level points in third position
> in the Belgian First Division, meaning Genk needed to win by at least
> two goals to have a chance of European football next term.
>
> Early brace
> René Vandereycken's side made the perfect start with a goal in the
> first minute thanks to Nenad Stojanovic, before doubling their
> advantage through their leading marksman Kevin Vandenbergh six
> minutes later, to level on aggregate and lead on away goals. However,
> Genk put the result beyond doubt 17 minutes from time as Vandenbergh
> claimed his second of the game. Dominique D'onofrio's men almost took
> the game into extra time with a minute remaining only for Oguchi
> Onyewu to strike the post, as Genk held on to win 4-3 on aggregate.
>
> Roeselare rejoice
> Elsewhere, KSV Roeselare will be playing top-flight Belgian football
> for the first time next season after a 1-1 draw with second-placed
> Verbroedering Geel gave them an unassailable five-point lead at the
> top of the second division promotion play-offs with one game
> remaining. The club was founded in 1999, when SK and Club Roeselare
> merged, and they become the fourth West-Flemish side in the Belgian
> First Division, along with league champions Club Brugge, Cercle
> Brugge and second division winners Zulte-Waregem.
>
>
> Final Table:
> 1. Club Brugge......... 34 24 07 03 83-25 79 Champions
> 2. RSC Anderlecht...... 34 23 07 04 75-34 76 CL Qualifying
> 3. KRC Genk............ 34 21 07 06 59-37 70 UEFA Cup
> 4. Standard CL......... 34 21 07 06 64-30 70 Intertoto
> 5. SC Charleroi........ 34 19 07 08 47-34 64 Intertoto
> 6. KAA Gent............ 34 18 05 11 46-36 59 Intertoto
> 7. La Louvière......... 34 12 08 14 43-43 44
> 8. Lokeren SNW......... 34 11 11 12 36-38 44
> 9. Germinal Beerschot.. 34 12 06 16 36-45 42 UEFA Cup
> 10.Lierse SK........... 34 12 05 17 57-60 41
> 11.Cercle Brugge....... 34 12 05 17 45-74 41
> 12.Westerlo............ 34 11 06 17 34-54 39
> 13.Excelsior Mouscron.. 34 10 06 18 40-43 36
> 14.Sint Truiden........ 34 10 06 18 40-58 36
> 15.FC Brussels......... 34 10 03 21 32-60 33
> 16.SK Beveren.......... 34 08 08 18 43-59 32
> 17.KV Oostende......... 34 06 09 19 31-62 27 Relegated
> 18.AEC Mons............ 34 07 05 22 39-58 26 Relegated
>
> Scorers:
> 18 goals: Nenad Jestrovic (Anderlecht-Serbia)
> 17 goals: Kevin Vandenbergh (Racing Genk-Belgium)
> 15 goals: Sambegou Bangoura (Standard-Nigeria)
> 15 goals: Rune Lange (Club Brugge-Norway)
> 14 goals: Aruna Dindane (Anderlecht-Ivory Coast)
> 14 goals: Alyiu Datti (Mons-Nigeria)
> 14 goals: Archie Thompson (Lierse-Australia)
> 14 goals: Marcin Zewlakow (Mouscron-Poland)
> 13 goals: Ndrissa Romaric (Beveren-Ivory Coast)
> 13 goals: Moussa Sanogo (Beveren-Ivory Coast)
> 13 goals: Gert Verheyen (Club Brugge-Belgium)
> 11 goals: Bosko Balaban (Club Brugge-Croatia)
>
>
> Tweede Klasse Final Table:
> 1.SV Zulte-Waregem.. 34 22 07 05 71-35 73 Promoted
> 2.KSV Roeselare..... 34 16 12 06 51-31 60 Promoted
> 3.Verbroedering Geel 34 16 08 10 49-36 56 Lost Playoff
> 4.Antwerp FC........ 34 15 05 14 48-40 50 Lost Playoff
> 5.Red Star Waasland. 34 14 08 12 51-55 50 Lost Playoff
> 6.AFC Tubize........ 34 14 06 14 54-49 48
>
> ****************************
>
> That's sad for Standard!
> Belgium deserves a 4th spot in Europe!!
>
> Where was the time that we had 1 team in the Champions Cup, 1 in the
> Cup Winners Cup and 3 in the UEFA Cup... :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 18
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:00:35 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: View from Milan

??
Dunno how the hell Milan scored three times so early in the final.
They were not a very good side this season.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Italians are very superstitious, and football fans are the most
> superstitious of all. Bear this in mind and you will begin to
> understand Champions League final preparations for AC Milan players
> and, most intensely of all, their supporters.
>
> History, in the eyes of the superstitious, is repeating itself, with
> the death of a pope, and Juventus winning the Scudetto. If that were
> not enough, Inter will play an Italian Cup final against Roma next
> month. And Milan, of course, face Liverpool, the 1978 winners, in the
> Champions League final.
>
> Galliani says: "Let's be serious; Liverpool were playing against
> Bruges. With all due respect, we're a much more difficult opponent."
>
> *******************************
>
> Huh? I didn't understood that last part :p
>
> If I think logicaly, we have beaten the future Italian champions
> Juventus in the semi final that year, so we could be seen stronger
> than Milan ;)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 19
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:02:17 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Germinal Beerschot surprise Brugge in cup final

Ah well! There's always next year.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Club Brugge failed to achieve the 'double' in Belgium. After having
> won the Jupiler League, the Cup final turned out to be a bridge to
> far, as Germinal Beerschot walked away with the trophy.
>
> GBA needed 23 minutes to open the score through Snoeckx, but Verheyen
> levelled for Brugge in the 53rd minute, putting the ball past
> goalkeeper Luciano Da Silva, who was playing despite having suffered
> a broken rib.
>
> Just a minute after Club's goal however, Kris De Wree restored the
> lead for the Antwerpen based side, and his goal turned out to be
> decisive, as Brugge failed to find their way back into the match.
>
> As Beerschot, the side had already won the Belgian Cup in 1971, when
> they defeated Sint-Truiden 2-1, and eight years later, with a 1-0
> victory over Club Brugge.
>
> Last finals:
> 1995 Club Brugge 3-1 Germinal Ekeren
> 1996 Club Brugge 2-1 Cercle Brugge
> 1997 Germinal Ekeren 4-2 Anderlecht [aet]
> 1998 Racing Genk 4-0 Club Brugge
> 1999 Lierse 3-1 Standard
> 2000 Racing Genk 4-1 Standard
> 2001 Westerlo 1-0 Lommel
> 2002 Club Brugge 3-1 Excelsior Mouscron
> 2003 La Louvière 3-1 Sint-Truiden
> 2004 Club Brugge 4-2 Beveren
> 2005 Germinal Beerschot 2-1 Club Brugge
>
> Number of Cups (49) per Club [lost finals between square brackets]
> 9 [6] Club Brugge
> 8 [3] Anderlecht
> 5 [8] Standard
>
> ********************************
>
> We were pretty poor, not that Germinal Beerschot were much stronger
> that day, but they had a bigger hunger. After all they might deserve
> it more than. Too bad as you can't win the double every year...
>
> BTW, can you see Anderlecht in the cup final in the past 10 years? ;)
>
>
> Club Brugge - Germinal Beerschot Cup final highlights:
> http://www.debrugge.be/movie's/finale.wmv

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 20
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:03:06 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Feyenoord snap up teen

Feyenoord had a crap season... so did Anderlecht. Wonder if they're
going to ass rape that Brussels side for reinforcements.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Feyenoord have already begun building for next season by capturing
> Belgium talent Timothy Derijck.
>
> The 17-year-old defender will move to Rotterdam from Anderlecht at the
> start of July, with Feyenoord currently negotiating a fee for the
> player's youth development costs.
>
> Derijck, a Belgian Under-19 international, looks set to be joined at De
> Kuip by compatriot Timmy Simons of Club Brugge, with a deal expected to
> be completed in the near future.
>
> Erwin Koeman is the new coach of the Rotterdam club after Ruud Gullit's
> exit.
>
> *******************************
>
> Damn, I hope they won't be able to sign our captain :s

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 21
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:05:03 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: LMFAO

The best line was "and which one of these buttons calls your mommy to
come to pick you up?"
LOL
Wouldn't mind screwing some of those chicks though...
Maybe it's a Lord of the Rings thing but chicks with long pointy
ears... it's a bit of a turn on. :))

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> LOL!!!!!
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
> <the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> > www.redcoat.net/pics/Conan-Triumph-at-Star-Wars.wmv

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 22
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:03:51 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Galatasaray Waits Eric Gerets in Istanbul

Hopefully he'll bring the club back to its feet.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Belgian Technical Director Eric Gerets takes over the seat of
> Technical Director Gheorghe Hagi, who has resigned after the
> Denizlispor match in which Galatasaray were defeated 4-0.
>
> It is revealed that the Galatasaray administration has reached
> agreement in principle with Eric Gerets, who is among the technical
> director nominees for Hagi's position. The Belgian technical director
> Gerets that resigned from his post in the Wolfsburg team from Germany
> is expected to be in Istanbul during this week. It is reported that
> the yellow-red administration will come to a final agreement after
> meeting Gerets one last time. It is also noted that Gerets who has an
> advanced level of the French language and his show of great concern
> to the young players coming up through the ranks, played a major role
> in Galatasaray's choice.
>
> Eric Gerets experienced his first championship win of his technical
> directorship career working with one of his home countries' teams,
> Lierse in 1997. The next season came to a positive end, this time
> working with Club Brugge. Later on, the 51-year-old technical
> director worked with the PSV Eindhoven team from Holland for three
> years taking them to the championship twice in that time. For the
> last three seasons, he has been continuing his technical directorship
> career in Germany.
>
> ***********************************
>
> They use the word 'technical director' a bit too much here :p
>
> Anyway, great too see Gerets going there :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 23
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:28:55 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: 65 meter goal

http://shinilta.co.kr/way-board/db/Free/file/dodododo.wmv

The goal was scored by Do Hwa-seong of Busan. It is the longest
ranged goal in the history of the K-League.

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 24
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:00:42 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Genk rally to book European berth

Nah, as we are champions, they were sure of the UEFA Cup spot anyway,
even by loosing the final.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
<the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> awwww.. at least the GBA lot got the UEFA Cup spot through beating
you
> guys.
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > KRC Genk defeated Standard de Liège 3-0 to win the play-off for a
> > UEFA Cup second round qualifying place 4-3 on aggregate.
> >
> > Goals required
> > Standard held a 3-1 advantage going into the second leg of the
tie
> > between the two club's who finished on level points in third
position
> > in the Belgian First Division, meaning Genk needed to win by at
least
> > two goals to have a chance of European football next term.
> >
> > Early brace
> > René Vandereycken's side made the perfect start with a goal in
the
> > first minute thanks to Nenad Stojanovic, before doubling their
> > advantage through their leading marksman Kevin Vandenbergh six
> > minutes later, to level on aggregate and lead on away goals.
However,
> > Genk put the result beyond doubt 17 minutes from time as
Vandenbergh
> > claimed his second of the game. Dominique D'onofrio's men almost
took
> > the game into extra time with a minute remaining only for Oguchi
> > Onyewu to strike the post, as Genk held on to win 4-3 on
aggregate.
> >
> > Roeselare rejoice
> > Elsewhere, KSV Roeselare will be playing top-flight Belgian
football
> > for the first time next season after a 1-1 draw with second-
placed
> > Verbroedering Geel gave them an unassailable five-point lead at
the
> > top of the second division promotion play-offs with one game
> > remaining. The club was founded in 1999, when SK and Club
Roeselare
> > merged, and they become the fourth West-Flemish side in the
Belgian
> > First Division, along with league champions Club Brugge, Cercle
> > Brugge and second division winners Zulte-Waregem.
> >
> >
> > Final Table:
> > 1. Club Brugge......... 34 24 07 03 83-25 79 Champions
> > 2. RSC Anderlecht...... 34 23 07 04 75-34 76 CL Qualifying
> > 3. KRC Genk............ 34 21 07 06 59-37 70 UEFA Cup
> > 4. Standard CL......... 34 21 07 06 64-30 70 Intertoto
> > 5. SC Charleroi........ 34 19 07 08 47-34 64 Intertoto
> > 6. KAA Gent............ 34 18 05 11 46-36 59 Intertoto
> > 7. La Louvière......... 34 12 08 14 43-43 44
> > 8. Lokeren SNW......... 34 11 11 12 36-38 44
> > 9. Germinal Beerschot.. 34 12 06 16 36-45 42 UEFA Cup
> > 10.Lierse SK........... 34 12 05 17 57-60 41
> > 11.Cercle Brugge....... 34 12 05 17 45-74 41
> > 12.Westerlo............ 34 11 06 17 34-54 39
> > 13.Excelsior Mouscron.. 34 10 06 18 40-43 36
> > 14.Sint Truiden........ 34 10 06 18 40-58 36
> > 15.FC Brussels......... 34 10 03 21 32-60 33
> > 16.SK Beveren.......... 34 08 08 18 43-59 32
> > 17.KV Oostende......... 34 06 09 19 31-62 27 Relegated
> > 18.AEC Mons............ 34 07 05 22 39-58 26 Relegated
> >
> > Scorers:
> > 18 goals: Nenad Jestrovic (Anderlecht-Serbia)
> > 17 goals: Kevin Vandenbergh (Racing Genk-Belgium)
> > 15 goals: Sambegou Bangoura (Standard-Nigeria)
> > 15 goals: Rune Lange (Club Brugge-Norway)
> > 14 goals: Aruna Dindane (Anderlecht-Ivory Coast)
> > 14 goals: Alyiu Datti (Mons-Nigeria)
> > 14 goals: Archie Thompson (Lierse-Australia)
> > 14 goals: Marcin Zewlakow (Mouscron-Poland)
> > 13 goals: Ndrissa Romaric (Beveren-Ivory Coast)
> > 13 goals: Moussa Sanogo (Beveren-Ivory Coast)
> > 13 goals: Gert Verheyen (Club Brugge-Belgium)
> > 11 goals: Bosko Balaban (Club Brugge-Croatia)
> >
> >
> > Tweede Klasse Final Table:
> > 1.SV Zulte-Waregem.. 34 22 07 05 71-35 73 Promoted
> > 2.KSV Roeselare..... 34 16 12 06 51-31 60 Promoted
> > 3.Verbroedering Geel 34 16 08 10 49-36 56 Lost Playoff
> > 4.Antwerp FC........ 34 15 05 14 48-40 50 Lost Playoff
> > 5.Red Star Waasland. 34 14 08 12 51-55 50 Lost Playoff
> > 6.AFC Tubize........ 34 14 06 14 54-49 48
> >
> > ****************************
> >
> > That's sad for Standard!
> > Belgium deserves a 4th spot in Europe!!
> >
> > Where was the time that we had 1 team in the Champions Cup, 1 in
the
> > Cup Winners Cup and 3 in the UEFA Cup... :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldsoccerclub2/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
worldsoccerclub2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home