Sunday, May 22, 2005

[World Soccer Club] Digest Number 1491

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0xaSZB/UOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/tsUolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

There are 14 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Arsenal win penalty drama
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
2. Juve reign following Milan mishap
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
3. Re: Arsenal win penalty drama
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
4. Re: Juve reign following Milan mishap
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
5. Re: Arsenal win penalty drama
From: "Adrian Bagley" <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
6. Cup Final ratings
From: Adrian Bagley <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
7. Predictions on the REAL big match :)
From: Adrian Bagley <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
8. Interesting fact in Liverpool's favour
From: Adrian Bagley <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
9. Re: Juve reign following Milan mishap
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
10. Re: Predictions on the REAL big match :)
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
11. Re: Interesting fact in Liverpool's favour
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
12. Re: Predictions on the REAL big match :)
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
13. Re: Juve reign following Milan mishap
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
14. Well well well :))
From: Adrian Bagley <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 19:33:14 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Arsenal win penalty drama

Arsenal lifted the FA Cup for the third time in four years by
defeating Manchester United on Saturday in the first FA Cup final to
be decided on penalty kicks after the match had finished goalless
after extra-time.

Scholes miss
Patrick Vieira scored the winning spot-kick as Paul Scholes' miss
proved decisive. It was a cruel end for United who dominated for long
periods. Ruud Van Nistelrooij and Wayne Rooney were both denied by
the woodwork and Arsenal ended with ten men following the late
dismissal of José Antonio Reyes.

Henry out
Arsenal were without injured striker Thierry Henry, but perhaps
fearful of a fourth defeat by their bitter rivals this season,
manager Arsène Wenger made a selection surprise with Dennis Bergkamp
utilised as a lone striker.

Scholes header
United displayed the early attacking intent and Scholes headed over
after six minutes. Just before the half-hour mark, Rio Ferdinand
thought he had scored his first goal for United after Jens Lehmann
parried a Wayne Rooney shot into his path. The England defender slid
the ball in but an offside flag cut short his celebrations.

Rooney chance
The chance ignited United, and especially Rooney. He forced Lehmann
to tip over two minutes later and then struck the resulting corner
wide of the upright. Wenger responded by pushing Reyes up alongside
Bergkamp but United continued their dominance.

Pires shot
It was not until the 64th minute that Pires had Arsenal's first
noteworthy shot of the game, floating his shot over from five metres.
United responded immediately with Rooney striking the upright with a
fierce drive before Darren Fletcher hit the rebound wide.

Frenetic finale
The chances sparked a frenetic final 25 minutes and with just three
minutes remaining Van Nistelrooij saw a header dramatically blocked
by substitute Frederik Ljungberg, with the aid of the crossbar.
Arsenal had survived to force extra-time.

Extra time
Another replacement, Robin Van Persie, struck Arsenal's best shot of
the game midway through the first-half of extra-time. Again, Sir Alex
Ferguson's side responded with vigour. Scholes was brilliantly denied
by Lehmann before Van Nistelrooij placed a free header over the bar.

Reyes dismissed
Reyes was sent-off for a second yellow card at the end of extra-time
but Arsenal held their nerve. Scholes hit his penalty too near
Lehmann and Arsenal made no such mistake, Vieira sending the London
club's supporters into raptures when he fired past Roy Carroll to
seal an unlikely triumph.

Last finals:
1991 Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Nottingham Forest
1992 Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland
1993 Arsenal 1-1 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
1994 Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea
1995 Everton 1-0 Manchester United
1996 Manchester United 1-0 Liverpool
1997 Chelsea 2-0 Middlesbrough
1998 Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle United
1999 Manchester United 2-0 Newcastle United
2000 Chelsea 1-0 Aston Villa
2001 Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
2002 Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
2003 Arsenal 1-0 Southampton
2004 Manchester United 3-0 Millwall
2005 Arsenal 0-0 (5-4pen) Manchester United

Winners
11 Manchester United
10 Arsenal
08 Tottenham Hotspur
07 Aston Villa
06 Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle United, Liverpool

-------------------------------

Great :)
Even if Utd should have won this one...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 19:44:45 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Juve reign following Milan mishap

Juventus coach Fabio Capello was today celebrating guiding the club
to their third Scudetto in four seasons after AC Milan dropped out of
the title race by drawing 3-3 against US Città di Palermo last night.

Lead lost
The Rossoneri needed to defeat the Sicilians to maintain the pressure
on Juve but relinquished a 3-1 half-time lead to end the night four
points behind the Turin side with just one match to play. Juve are
away to AS Livorno tomorrow before concluding another successful
Serie A campaign with a game against Cagliari at their Stadio Delle
Alpi home next Sunday.

Fine run
Capello has now won titles with three Italian clubs - having done so
previously with Milan and AS Roma - and Real Madrid in Spain, while
Juve have won the championship in six of the last eleven campaigns
with current Azzurri coach Marcello Lippi masterminding the previous
five.

Ferrara milestone
Juve's veteran defender Ciro Ferrara also reached a milestone in
winning his eighth Serie A crown, a record he shares with former
Nerazzurri players Giovanni Ferrari and Giuseppe Furino. The 38-year-
old won two titles alongside Diego Maradona at SSC Napoli before
moving to Juve, where he will stand down from playing at the end of
the season to join the club's coaching staff.

Regulars rested
Milan knew they had to beat Palermo to stay in the Serie A hunt but
coach Carlo Ancelotti rested all his regular starters bar Hernán
Crespo, Rui Costa and Filippo Inzaghi ahead of Wednesday's Champions
League final against Liverpool in Istanbul. Still, Milan were on
course for victory at half-time, leading 3-1 thanks to two Serginho
goals and another from Denmark striker Jon Dahl Tomasson.

Ambrosini out
However, Palermo forward Luca Toni added to an own goal from Milan
defender Alessandro Costacurta from the spot in the 77th minute and
Simone Barone drilled in the equaliser soon after. Ancelotti said of
his decision to field a weakened side: "I think it was the logical
thing to do when we have a Champions League final to play." The coach
will have a full squad to choose from in Istanbul with the exception
of Massimo Ambrosini, the midfielder is out with a thigh injury.

Table:
1.FC Juventus........ 36 25 07 04 61-23 82 Champions
2.Milan AC........... 37 23 09 05 62-27 78 CL
3.FC Internazionale.. 36 17 17 02 64-37 68 CL Qualifiying
4.Udinese Calcio..... 36 17 09 10 54-38 60
-----------
5.UC Sampdoria....... 36 17 09 10 42-28 60
6.US Città di Palermo 37 12 16 09 45-41 52

Last champions:
1994/95 Juventus FC
1995/96 Milan AC
1996/97 Juventus FC
1997/98 Juventus FC
1998/99 Milan AC
1999/00 SS Lazio
2000/01 AS Roma
2001/02 Juventus FC
2002/03 Juventus FC
2003/04 Milan AC
2004/05 Juventus FC

Champions:
28 Juventus FC
17 Milan AC
13 FC Internazionale
09 Genoa 1893

*********************************

Damn, I would have preffered Milan.
But wednesday I will support for Liverpool :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 05:47:47 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Arsenal win penalty drama

Argh,nothing worse than an all scum final

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Arsenal lifted the FA Cup for the third time in four years by
> defeating Manchester United on Saturday in the first FA Cup final
to
> be decided on penalty kicks after the match had finished goalless
> after extra-time.
>
> Scholes miss
> Patrick Vieira scored the winning spot-kick as Paul Scholes' miss
> proved decisive. It was a cruel end for United who dominated for
long
> periods. Ruud Van Nistelrooij and Wayne Rooney were both denied by
> the woodwork and Arsenal ended with ten men following the late
> dismissal of José Antonio Reyes.
>
> Henry out
> Arsenal were without injured striker Thierry Henry, but perhaps
> fearful of a fourth defeat by their bitter rivals this season,
> manager Arsène Wenger made a selection surprise with Dennis
Bergkamp
> utilised as a lone striker.
>
> Scholes header
> United displayed the early attacking intent and Scholes headed
over
> after six minutes. Just before the half-hour mark, Rio Ferdinand
> thought he had scored his first goal for United after Jens Lehmann
> parried a Wayne Rooney shot into his path. The England defender
slid
> the ball in but an offside flag cut short his celebrations.
>
> Rooney chance
> The chance ignited United, and especially Rooney. He forced
Lehmann
> to tip over two minutes later and then struck the resulting corner
> wide of the upright. Wenger responded by pushing Reyes up
alongside
> Bergkamp but United continued their dominance.
>
> Pires shot
> It was not until the 64th minute that Pires had Arsenal's first
> noteworthy shot of the game, floating his shot over from five
metres.
> United responded immediately with Rooney striking the upright with
a
> fierce drive before Darren Fletcher hit the rebound wide.
>
> Frenetic finale
> The chances sparked a frenetic final 25 minutes and with just
three
> minutes remaining Van Nistelrooij saw a header dramatically
blocked
> by substitute Frederik Ljungberg, with the aid of the crossbar.
> Arsenal had survived to force extra-time.
>
> Extra time
> Another replacement, Robin Van Persie, struck Arsenal's best shot
of
> the game midway through the first-half of extra-time. Again, Sir
Alex
> Ferguson's side responded with vigour. Scholes was brilliantly
denied
> by Lehmann before Van Nistelrooij placed a free header over the
bar.
>
> Reyes dismissed
> Reyes was sent-off for a second yellow card at the end of extra-
time
> but Arsenal held their nerve. Scholes hit his penalty too near
> Lehmann and Arsenal made no such mistake, Vieira sending the
London
> club's supporters into raptures when he fired past Roy Carroll to
> seal an unlikely triumph.
>
>
> Last finals:
> 1991 Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Nottingham Forest
> 1992 Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland
> 1993 Arsenal 1-1 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
> 1994 Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea
> 1995 Everton 1-0 Manchester United
> 1996 Manchester United 1-0 Liverpool
> 1997 Chelsea 2-0 Middlesbrough
> 1998 Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle United
> 1999 Manchester United 2-0 Newcastle United
> 2000 Chelsea 1-0 Aston Villa
> 2001 Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
> 2002 Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
> 2003 Arsenal 1-0 Southampton
> 2004 Manchester United 3-0 Millwall
> 2005 Arsenal 0-0 (5-4pen) Manchester United
>
> Winners
> 11 Manchester United
> 10 Arsenal
> 08 Tottenham Hotspur
> 07 Aston Villa
> 06 Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle United, Liverpool
>
> -------------------------------
>
> Great :)
> Even if Utd should have won this one...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 05:48:20 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Juve reign following Milan mishap

Lets hope Milan dont win fuck all this season!

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Juventus coach Fabio Capello was today celebrating guiding the
club
> to their third Scudetto in four seasons after AC Milan dropped out
of
> the title race by drawing 3-3 against US Città di Palermo last
night.
>
> Lead lost
> The Rossoneri needed to defeat the Sicilians to maintain the
pressure
> on Juve but relinquished a 3-1 half-time lead to end the night
four
> points behind the Turin side with just one match to play. Juve are
> away to AS Livorno tomorrow before concluding another successful
> Serie A campaign with a game against Cagliari at their Stadio
Delle
> Alpi home next Sunday.
>
> Fine run
> Capello has now won titles with three Italian clubs - having done
so
> previously with Milan and AS Roma - and Real Madrid in Spain,
while
> Juve have won the championship in six of the last eleven campaigns
> with current Azzurri coach Marcello Lippi masterminding the
previous
> five.
>
> Ferrara milestone
> Juve's veteran defender Ciro Ferrara also reached a milestone in
> winning his eighth Serie A crown, a record he shares with former
> Nerazzurri players Giovanni Ferrari and Giuseppe Furino. The 38-
year-
> old won two titles alongside Diego Maradona at SSC Napoli before
> moving to Juve, where he will stand down from playing at the end
of
> the season to join the club's coaching staff.
>
> Regulars rested
> Milan knew they had to beat Palermo to stay in the Serie A hunt
but
> coach Carlo Ancelotti rested all his regular starters bar Hernán
> Crespo, Rui Costa and Filippo Inzaghi ahead of Wednesday's
Champions
> League final against Liverpool in Istanbul. Still, Milan were on
> course for victory at half-time, leading 3-1 thanks to two
Serginho
> goals and another from Denmark striker Jon Dahl Tomasson.
>
> Ambrosini out
> However, Palermo forward Luca Toni added to an own goal from Milan
> defender Alessandro Costacurta from the spot in the 77th minute
and
> Simone Barone drilled in the equaliser soon after. Ancelotti said
of
> his decision to field a weakened side: "I think it was the logical
> thing to do when we have a Champions League final to play." The
coach
> will have a full squad to choose from in Istanbul with the
exception
> of Massimo Ambrosini, the midfielder is out with a thigh injury.
>
>
> Table:
> 1.FC Juventus........ 36 25 07 04 61-23 82 Champions
> 2.Milan AC........... 37 23 09 05 62-27 78 CL
> 3.FC Internazionale.. 36 17 17 02 64-37 68 CL Qualifiying
> 4.Udinese Calcio..... 36 17 09 10 54-38 60
> -----------
> 5.UC Sampdoria....... 36 17 09 10 42-28 60
> 6.US Città di Palermo 37 12 16 09 45-41 52
>
>
> Last champions:
> 1994/95 Juventus FC
> 1995/96 Milan AC
> 1996/97 Juventus FC
> 1997/98 Juventus FC
> 1998/99 Milan AC
> 1999/00 SS Lazio
> 2000/01 AS Roma
> 2001/02 Juventus FC
> 2002/03 Juventus FC
> 2003/04 Milan AC
> 2004/05 Juventus FC
>
>
> Champions:
> 28 Juventus FC
> 17 Milan AC
> 13 FC Internazionale
> 09 Genoa 1893
>
> *********************************
>
> Damn, I would have preffered Milan.
> But wednesday I will support for Liverpool :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 10:10:14 -0000
From: "Adrian Bagley" <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Arsenal win penalty drama

Don't you worry, the main event is on Wednesday :)

Aid

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
<the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> Argh,nothing worse than an all scum final
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Arsenal lifted the FA Cup for the third time in four years by
> > defeating Manchester United on Saturday in the first FA Cup
final
> to
> > be decided on penalty kicks after the match had finished
goalless
> > after extra-time.
> >
> > Scholes miss
> > Patrick Vieira scored the winning spot-kick as Paul Scholes'
miss
> > proved decisive. It was a cruel end for United who dominated for
> long
> > periods. Ruud Van Nistelrooij and Wayne Rooney were both denied
by
> > the woodwork and Arsenal ended with ten men following the late
> > dismissal of José Antonio Reyes.
> >
> > Henry out
> > Arsenal were without injured striker Thierry Henry, but perhaps
> > fearful of a fourth defeat by their bitter rivals this season,
> > manager Arsène Wenger made a selection surprise with Dennis
> Bergkamp
> > utilised as a lone striker.
> >
> > Scholes header
> > United displayed the early attacking intent and Scholes headed
> over
> > after six minutes. Just before the half-hour mark, Rio Ferdinand
> > thought he had scored his first goal for United after Jens
Lehmann
> > parried a Wayne Rooney shot into his path. The England defender
> slid
> > the ball in but an offside flag cut short his celebrations.
> >
> > Rooney chance
> > The chance ignited United, and especially Rooney. He forced
> Lehmann
> > to tip over two minutes later and then struck the resulting
corner
> > wide of the upright. Wenger responded by pushing Reyes up
> alongside
> > Bergkamp but United continued their dominance.
> >
> > Pires shot
> > It was not until the 64th minute that Pires had Arsenal's first
> > noteworthy shot of the game, floating his shot over from five
> metres.
> > United responded immediately with Rooney striking the upright
with
> a
> > fierce drive before Darren Fletcher hit the rebound wide.
> >
> > Frenetic finale
> > The chances sparked a frenetic final 25 minutes and with just
> three
> > minutes remaining Van Nistelrooij saw a header dramatically
> blocked
> > by substitute Frederik Ljungberg, with the aid of the crossbar.
> > Arsenal had survived to force extra-time.
> >
> > Extra time
> > Another replacement, Robin Van Persie, struck Arsenal's best
shot
> of
> > the game midway through the first-half of extra-time. Again, Sir
> Alex
> > Ferguson's side responded with vigour. Scholes was brilliantly
> denied
> > by Lehmann before Van Nistelrooij placed a free header over the
> bar.
> >
> > Reyes dismissed
> > Reyes was sent-off for a second yellow card at the end of extra-
> time
> > but Arsenal held their nerve. Scholes hit his penalty too near
> > Lehmann and Arsenal made no such mistake, Vieira sending the
> London
> > club's supporters into raptures when he fired past Roy Carroll
to
> > seal an unlikely triumph.
> >
> >
> > Last finals:
> > 1991 Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Nottingham Forest
> > 1992 Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland
> > 1993 Arsenal 1-1 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
> > 1994 Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea
> > 1995 Everton 1-0 Manchester United
> > 1996 Manchester United 1-0 Liverpool
> > 1997 Chelsea 2-0 Middlesbrough
> > 1998 Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle United
> > 1999 Manchester United 2-0 Newcastle United
> > 2000 Chelsea 1-0 Aston Villa
> > 2001 Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
> > 2002 Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
> > 2003 Arsenal 1-0 Southampton
> > 2004 Manchester United 3-0 Millwall
> > 2005 Arsenal 0-0 (5-4pen) Manchester United
> >
> > Winners
> > 11 Manchester United
> > 10 Arsenal
> > 08 Tottenham Hotspur
> > 07 Aston Villa
> > 06 Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle United, Liverpool
> >
> > -------------------------------
> >
> > Great :)
> > Even if Utd should have won this one...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 6
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:55:13 +0100 (BST)
From: Adrian Bagley <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Cup Final ratings

Arsenal

Jens Lehmann: 8 (Made a couple of mistakes but was still easily Arsenal's best player)
Ashley Cole: 5 (Not one of his better days)
Lauren: 5 (Was made to look poor by Ronaldo)
Philippe Senderos: 6
Kolo Toure: 5
Cesc Fabregas: 6
Patrick Vieira: 6
Gilberto Silva: 6
Robert Pires: 5
Jose Antonio Reyes: 5
Dennis Bergkamp: 5 (Playing the lone striker role is not his best role)

Robin Van Persie: (On for Fabregas 86 min) 6 (Had the only effort on target)
Freddie Ljungberg: (On for Bergkamp 65 min) 6
Edu: (On for Pires 105 min) 6

Manchester United Buccaneers

Roy Carroll: 6
Wes Brown: 6
John O'Shea: 7
Mikael Silvestre: 6
Rio Ferdinand: 7 (Had goal disallowed)
Roy Keane: 7
Darren Fletcher: 7
Paul Scholes: 6 (Missed penalty in shootout proved costly)
Cristiano Ronaldo: 8 (Made Lauren look poor)
Wayne Rooney: 8 (Officially named man of the match (Not by me))
Ruud Van Nistelrooy: 6

Quinton Fortune: (On for O'Shea 77 min) 6
Ryan Giggs: (On for Fletcher 91 min) 6

I didn't take these ratings from a website nor a newspaper. These are my own ratings.

Aid


---------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?

[This message contained attachments]

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:00:30 +0100 (BST)
From: Adrian Bagley <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Predictions on the REAL big match :)

3 days before the big match in Istanbul takes place, its time for everyone to make their predictions on what the final outcome will be. Personally, I think the final score will be:

Liverpool 2 AC Milan 1

Whether this is the final score in 90 minutes or after extra time, it doesn't matter as long as Liverpool do win. I've got a feeling that the winning goal against "Milan" might be scored by "Milan" Baros.

Aid


---------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?

[This message contained attachments]

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:03:41 +0100 (BST)
From: Adrian Bagley <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Interesting fact in Liverpool's favour

Reading the News of the World today and in the Sports section, there was an interesting fact about Liverpool. That is, on the 4 occasions that Liverpool have won the European Cup, all the teams they've beaten in the final to win the trophy played in white (Borussia MG, Club Bruges, Real Madrid and Roma). And this Wednesday, AC Milan will be playing in white. How about that

Aid


---------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?

[This message contained attachments]

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 9
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:56:58 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Juve reign following Milan mishap

Win all??
They just lost the Scudetto and are already out of the Coppa as well,
the CL is the only trophy they can win this season..

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
<the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> Lets hope Milan dont win fuck all this season!
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Juventus coach Fabio Capello was today celebrating guiding the
> club
> > to their third Scudetto in four seasons after AC Milan dropped
out
> of
> > the title race by drawing 3-3 against US Città di Palermo last
> night.
> >
> > Lead lost
> > The Rossoneri needed to defeat the Sicilians to maintain the
> pressure
> > on Juve but relinquished a 3-1 half-time lead to end the night
> four
> > points behind the Turin side with just one match to play. Juve
are
> > away to AS Livorno tomorrow before concluding another successful
> > Serie A campaign with a game against Cagliari at their Stadio
> Delle
> > Alpi home next Sunday.
> >
> > Fine run
> > Capello has now won titles with three Italian clubs - having done
> so
> > previously with Milan and AS Roma - and Real Madrid in Spain,
> while
> > Juve have won the championship in six of the last eleven
campaigns
> > with current Azzurri coach Marcello Lippi masterminding the
> previous
> > five.
> >
> > Ferrara milestone
> > Juve's veteran defender Ciro Ferrara also reached a milestone in
> > winning his eighth Serie A crown, a record he shares with former
> > Nerazzurri players Giovanni Ferrari and Giuseppe Furino. The 38-
> year-
> > old won two titles alongside Diego Maradona at SSC Napoli before
> > moving to Juve, where he will stand down from playing at the end
> of
> > the season to join the club's coaching staff.
> >
> > Regulars rested
> > Milan knew they had to beat Palermo to stay in the Serie A hunt
> but
> > coach Carlo Ancelotti rested all his regular starters bar Hernán
> > Crespo, Rui Costa and Filippo Inzaghi ahead of Wednesday's
> Champions
> > League final against Liverpool in Istanbul. Still, Milan were on
> > course for victory at half-time, leading 3-1 thanks to two
> Serginho
> > goals and another from Denmark striker Jon Dahl Tomasson.
> >
> > Ambrosini out
> > However, Palermo forward Luca Toni added to an own goal from
Milan
> > defender Alessandro Costacurta from the spot in the 77th minute
> and
> > Simone Barone drilled in the equaliser soon after. Ancelotti said
> of
> > his decision to field a weakened side: "I think it was the
logical
> > thing to do when we have a Champions League final to play." The
> coach
> > will have a full squad to choose from in Istanbul with the
> exception
> > of Massimo Ambrosini, the midfielder is out with a thigh injury.
> >
> >
> > Table:
> > 1.FC Juventus........ 36 25 07 04 61-23 82 Champions
> > 2.Milan AC........... 37 23 09 05 62-27 78 CL
> > 3.FC Internazionale.. 36 17 17 02 64-37 68 CL Qualifiying
> > 4.Udinese Calcio..... 36 17 09 10 54-38 60
> > -----------
> > 5.UC Sampdoria....... 36 17 09 10 42-28 60
> > 6.US Città di Palermo 37 12 16 09 45-41 52
> >
> >
> > Last champions:
> > 1994/95 Juventus FC
> > 1995/96 Milan AC
> > 1996/97 Juventus FC
> > 1997/98 Juventus FC
> > 1998/99 Milan AC
> > 1999/00 SS Lazio
> > 2000/01 AS Roma
> > 2001/02 Juventus FC
> > 2002/03 Juventus FC
> > 2003/04 Milan AC
> > 2004/05 Juventus FC
> >
> >
> > Champions:
> > 28 Juventus FC
> > 17 Milan AC
> > 13 FC Internazionale
> > 09 Genoa 1893
> >
> > *********************************
> >
> > Damn, I would have preffered Milan.
> > But wednesday I will support for Liverpool :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 10
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:59:49 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Predictions on the REAL big match :)

I do hope that Liverpool wins it, but I believe that this game will
only end with the penalties. Fuck knows who will win those!

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Bagley
<adrianbagley27@y...> wrote:
> 3 days before the big match in Istanbul takes place, its time for
everyone to make their predictions on what the final outcome will be.
Personally, I think the final score will be:
>
> Liverpool 2 AC Milan 1
>
> Whether this is the final score in 90 minutes or after extra time, it
doesn't matter as long as Liverpool do win. I've got a feeling that the
winning goal against "Milan" might be scored by "Milan" Baros.
>
> Aid
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends
online?

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 11
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:07:26 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting fact in Liverpool's favour

Not only we were playing in white (which isn't our colours) but also
with half a reserve team. So loosing 1-0 in England against an
English team wasn't bad ;)

In fact the UEFA Cup final two seasons earlier was much better,
between Liverpool and Club Bruges:
We lost the first game at Anfield 3-2 after leading 0-2 in the first
quarter. But Liverpool managed to score three times after that.
In the return at Bruges it ended 1-1, with again Bruges opening the
score. But here again, Kevin Keegan managed to score a goal back and
win the game 4-3 on average.
Damn :)

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Bagley
<adrianbagley27@y...> wrote:
> Reading the News of the World today and in the Sports section,
there was an interesting fact about Liverpool. That is, on the 4
occasions that Liverpool have won the European Cup, all the teams
they've beaten in the final to win the trophy played in white
(Borussia MG, Club Bruges, Real Madrid and Roma). And this Wednesday,
AC Milan will be playing in white. How about that
>
> Aid
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends
online?

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 12
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:44:23 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Predictions on the REAL big match :)

it will be decided by 1 goal, which im going for in favour of milan.
just cant see liverpool getting through their defense!

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Bagley
<adrianbagley27@y...> wrote:
> 3 days before the big match in Istanbul takes place, its time for
everyone to make their predictions on what the final outcome will be.
Personally, I think the final score will be:
>
> Liverpool 2 AC Milan 1
>
> Whether this is the final score in 90 minutes or after extra time,
it doesn't matter as long as Liverpool do win. I've got a feeling that
the winning goal against "Milan" might be scored by "Milan" Baros.
>
> Aid
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends
online?

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 13
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:46:33 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Juve reign following Milan mishap

which was his point. winning "fuck all" = winning nothing. so by sound
of it dale hopes they win something.......tho possibly he didnt mean
to put the dont as im sure he dont hope the italians win!

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Win all??
> They just lost the Scudetto and are already out of the Coppa as well,
> the CL is the only trophy they can win this season..
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
> <the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> > Lets hope Milan dont win fuck all this season!
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > Juventus coach Fabio Capello was today celebrating guiding the
> > club
> > > to their third Scudetto in four seasons after AC Milan dropped
> out
> > of
> > > the title race by drawing 3-3 against US Città di Palermo last
> > night.
> > >
> > > Lead lost
> > > The Rossoneri needed to defeat the Sicilians to maintain the
> > pressure
> > > on Juve but relinquished a 3-1 half-time lead to end the night
> > four
> > > points behind the Turin side with just one match to play. Juve
> are
> > > away to AS Livorno tomorrow before concluding another successful
> > > Serie A campaign with a game against Cagliari at their Stadio
> > Delle
> > > Alpi home next Sunday.
> > >
> > > Fine run
> > > Capello has now won titles with three Italian clubs - having done
> > so
> > > previously with Milan and AS Roma - and Real Madrid in Spain,
> > while
> > > Juve have won the championship in six of the last eleven
> campaigns
> > > with current Azzurri coach Marcello Lippi masterminding the
> > previous
> > > five.
> > >
> > > Ferrara milestone
> > > Juve's veteran defender Ciro Ferrara also reached a milestone in
> > > winning his eighth Serie A crown, a record he shares with former
> > > Nerazzurri players Giovanni Ferrari and Giuseppe Furino. The 38-
> > year-
> > > old won two titles alongside Diego Maradona at SSC Napoli before
> > > moving to Juve, where he will stand down from playing at the end
> > of
> > > the season to join the club's coaching staff.
> > >
> > > Regulars rested
> > > Milan knew they had to beat Palermo to stay in the Serie A hunt
> > but
> > > coach Carlo Ancelotti rested all his regular starters bar Hernán
> > > Crespo, Rui Costa and Filippo Inzaghi ahead of Wednesday's
> > Champions
> > > League final against Liverpool in Istanbul. Still, Milan were on
> > > course for victory at half-time, leading 3-1 thanks to two
> > Serginho
> > > goals and another from Denmark striker Jon Dahl Tomasson.
> > >
> > > Ambrosini out
> > > However, Palermo forward Luca Toni added to an own goal from
> Milan
> > > defender Alessandro Costacurta from the spot in the 77th minute
> > and
> > > Simone Barone drilled in the equaliser soon after. Ancelotti said
> > of
> > > his decision to field a weakened side: "I think it was the
> logical
> > > thing to do when we have a Champions League final to play." The
> > coach
> > > will have a full squad to choose from in Istanbul with the
> > exception
> > > of Massimo Ambrosini, the midfielder is out with a thigh injury.
> > >
> > >
> > > Table:
> > > 1.FC Juventus........ 36 25 07 04 61-23 82 Champions
> > > 2.Milan AC........... 37 23 09 05 62-27 78 CL
> > > 3.FC Internazionale.. 36 17 17 02 64-37 68 CL Qualifiying
> > > 4.Udinese Calcio..... 36 17 09 10 54-38 60
> > > -----------
> > > 5.UC Sampdoria....... 36 17 09 10 42-28 60
> > > 6.US Città di Palermo 37 12 16 09 45-41 52
> > >
> > >
> > > Last champions:
> > > 1994/95 Juventus FC
> > > 1995/96 Milan AC
> > > 1996/97 Juventus FC
> > > 1997/98 Juventus FC
> > > 1998/99 Milan AC
> > > 1999/00 SS Lazio
> > > 2000/01 AS Roma
> > > 2001/02 Juventus FC
> > > 2002/03 Juventus FC
> > > 2003/04 Milan AC
> > > 2004/05 Juventus FC
> > >
> > >
> > > Champions:
> > > 28 Juventus FC
> > > 17 Milan AC
> > > 13 FC Internazionale
> > > 09 Genoa 1893
> > >
> > > *********************************
> > >
> > > Damn, I would have preffered Milan.
> > > But wednesday I will support for Liverpool :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 14
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 16:12:33 +0100 (BST)
From: Adrian Bagley <adrianbagley27@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Well well well :))

Hibernian 0 Rangers 1 after 88 minutes

Motherwell 0 Celtic 1 after 88 minutes

At this stage, it was Celtic who were going to win the Scottish league title for the 2nd successive season. But look what happened at the end:

Hibernian 0 Rangers 1 FT

Motherwell 2 Celtic 1 FT

So against all the odds, Rangers are the SPL champions.

Aid


---------------------------------
How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos

[This message contained attachments]

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldsoccerclub2/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
worldsoccerclub2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home