Tuesday, May 17, 2005

[World Soccer Club] Digest Number 1487

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/tsUolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

There are 13 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Brugge claim Belgian crown
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
2. Re: West Brom survive scramble
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
3. Re: Stalteri set for Spurs
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
4. Re: Stalteri set for Spurs
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
5. Bohemians to play Gent
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
6. Re: Chelsea bitchslap the scummers
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
7. Re: Sedan spring another surprise
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
8. Re: Sheriff shoot to fifth straight title
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
9. Re: Gorica storm to championship
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
10. Re: Stalteri set for Spurs
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
11. Re: Brugge claim Belgian crown
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
12. Re: Stalteri set for Spurs
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
13. Re: Brugge claim Belgian crown
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:03:01 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Brugge claim Belgian crown

Club Brugge claimed their 13th Belgian First Division title with a 2-
2 draw against second-placed RSC Anderlecht in the penultimate round
of fixtures.

Zitka blunder
Club Brugge knew they would guarantee a second championship under the
guidance of coach Trond Sollied if they avoided defeat at Jan
Breydelstadion, and they made the perfect start in the first minute
when Nastja Ceh broke the deadlock. Anderlecht replied on 36 minutes
when Hannu Tihinen headed in from the rebound after a Nenad Jestrovic
shot hit the crossbar, but two minutes later it was Ceh who restored
Brugge's lead when his cross flew into the net after a deflection off
Vincent Kompany and a misjudgement by goalkeeper Daniel Zitka.

Anderlecht consolation
The visitors looked a better side in the second-half and were
rewarded six minutes after the restart when Jestrovic headed an
equaliser. But a winning goal proved elusive as Club Brugge
maintained their six-point lead at the summit to seal the title.
Anderlecht did receive some consolation, however, as the point proved
sufficient to guarantee a Champions League second round place.

UEFA Cup race
Third place, which earns a UEFA Cup spot, will be decided on the
final weekend of the season. Current occupants, Standard de Liège
secured a 3-0 win against KAA Gent with two goals from Cedric Roussel
and a Sergio Conceiçao penalty. Dominique D'onofrio's side remain two
points clear of KRC Genk, who overcame Charleroi SC 2-0 to move clear
of their opponents in fourth place and end their European
aspirations, courtesy of goals from Nenad Stojanovic and Tom Soetaers
in the final 30 minutes.

Duo drop
At the bottom, the relegation places were decided after KV Oostende
and RAEC Mons were both defeated 2-0 to leave them four points adrift
of safety with just one game remaining. Two goals from La Louviére's
Wagner Eloi confirmed Oostende's relegation, and Mons will join them
after Marcin Zewlakow scored twice for Excelsoir Mouscron to help
preserve their top-flight status.

Lierse triumph
Elsewhere, Belgian Cup finalists and UEFA Cup qualifiers KFC Germinal
Beerschot defeated Sint Truiden 3-1, while Lierse SK and FC Brussels
won against KSC Lokeren and Cercle Brugge, respectively. KVC
Westerlo's encounter with KSK Beveren ended in a 1-1 draw.

Table:
1.Club Brugge 33 24 02 07 81-22 79
2.Anderlecht. 33 22 04 07 73-33 73
3.Standard... 33 21 06 06 63-29 69
4.RC Genk.... 33 20 06 07 56-36 67
5.Charleroi.. 33 18 08 07 45-33 61
6.AA Gent.... 33 17 11 05 45-36 56

Scorers:
17 goals: Nenad Jestrovic (Anderlecht)
16 goals: Kevin Vandenbergh (Racing Genk)
15 goals: Sambegou Bangoura (Standard)
15 goals: Rune Lange (Club Brugge)
14 goals: Aliyu Datti (Mons)
14 goals: Marcin Zewlakow (Mouscron)
13 goals: Aruna Dindane (Anderlecht)
13 goals: Gert Verheyen (Club Brugge)

Last champions:
1996 Club Brugge
1997 Lierse SK (Club Brugge second)
1998 Club Brugge
1999 Racing Genk (Club Brugge second)
2000 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
2001 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
2002 Racing Genk (Club Brugge second)
2003 Club Brugge
2004 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
2005 Club Brugge

Number of Titles per Club
27 Anderlecht
13 Club Brugge
11 Union
07 Beerschot
07 Standard

****************************************************

You'll never walk alone prematch:
http://users.telenet.be/1891/movie/ynwa.wmv

Club Brugge-Anderlecht highlights:
http://users.telenet.be/1891/movie/boeren_nekken.wmv

Some nice pictures:
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/footballcentral/FootballCent
ral/300787_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg
http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03367.jpg
http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03373.jpg
http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03377.jpg
http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03388.jpg
http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03406.jpg
http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03411.jpg
http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/33//bvb1283.jpg
http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/33//bvb1348.jpg

*************************************

No words needed :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:11:46 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: West Brom survive scramble

We got chance of fair play league though. Will find out in June if we
make it though. Hopefully do.

As for West Brom, yeah i could see them staying up. They had easiest
last day fixture with Portsmouth having nothing to play for and well
they would of loved to see Southampton go down and they did. Bottom is
about right as they had the most awful defense i seen when they came
to WHL!

Nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> West Bromwich Albion maintained their top-flight status with a 2-0
> win against Portsmouth as Southampton, Norwich City and Crystal
> Palace were relegated on the final day of the Premiership season,
> while Middlesbrough secured the final UEFA Cup berth.
>
> Dramatic escape
> West Brom started the day at the foot of the table, but goals from
> Geoff Horsfield and Kieran Richardson at the Hawthorns saw them
> leapfrog all three of their relegation rivals into the safety of 16th
> place by just one point.
>
> Late heartbreak
> However, it could have been different had Jon Fortune not equalised
> for Charlton Athletic against Crystal Palace with just eight minutes
> of their game remaining. Iain Dowie's side looked to have secured
> another season of top-flight football after Dougie Freedman and an
> Andy Johnson penalty had overturned Bryan Hughes' first-half strike,
> before Fortune condemned them to relegation late on.
>
> Saints down
> They will be joined in the Championship by Southampton who lost 2-1
> against Manchester United. An own goal from John O'Shea had put the
> Saints ahead, bu the lead lasted just nine minutes before Darren
> Fletcher equalised. Ruud Van Nistelrooj then sealed Southampton's
> fate with a 63rd-minute header.
>
> Norwich numbed
> Norwich, who began the final round of fixtures outside the drop zone,
> would have guaranteed their top-flight status with victory at Fulham.
> But they failed to recover from Brian McBride's early strike and the
> American later added another, while Papa Bouba Diop, Zat Knight,
> Steed Malbranque and Andy Cole were also on target in a 6-0 victory.
>
> Middlesbrough joy
> Middlesbrough ensured a second consecutive season of European
> football after a 1-1 draw at Manchester City. Victory for the hosts
> would have seen them leapfrog Middlesbrough into the final UEFA Cup
> spot after Tottenham Hotspur, the other contenders for seventh place,
> were held 0-0 by Blackburn Rovers.
>
> Last-gasp penalty
> Middlesbrough were indebted to goalkeeper Mark Schwartzer who saved a
> 90th-minute Robbie Fowler penalty to earn his side the point after
> But Kiki Musampa had cancelled out Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's opener.
>
> European qualifiers
> They will be joined in the UEFA Cup by Bolton Wanderers, who defeated
> Everton 3-2 and Champions League finalists Liverpool who won 2-1
> against Aston Villa. Elsewhere, Premiership champions Chelsea drew 1-
> 1 at Newcastle United and second-placed Arsenal lost 2-1 at
> Birmingham City.
>
>
> Final Table:
> 1. Chelsea........ 38 29 08 01 72-15 95 Champions
> 2. Arsenal........ 38 25 08 05 87-36 83 CL
> 3. Manchester Utd. 38 22 11 05 58-26 77 CL qualifying
> 4. Everton........ 38 18 07 13 45-46 61 CL qualifying
> 5. Liverpool...... 38 17 07 14 52-41 58 UEFA Cup
> 6. Bolton......... 38 16 10 12 49-44 58 UEFA Cup
> 7. Middlesbrough.. 38 14 13 11 53-46 55 UEFA Cup
> 8. Manchester City 38 13 13 12 47-39 52
> 9. Tottenham...... 38 14 10 14 47-41 52
> 10.Aston Villa.... 38 12 11 15 45-52 47
> 11.Charlton....... 38 12 10 16 42-58 46
> 12.Birmingham..... 38 11 12 15 40-46 45
> 13.Fulham......... 38 12 08 18 52-60 44
> 14.Newcastle Utd.. 38 10 14 14 47-57 44
> 15.Blackburn...... 38 09 15 14 32-43 42
> 16.Portsmouth..... 38 10 09 19 43-59 39
> 17.West Brom...... 38 06 16 16 36-61 34
> 18.Crystal Palace. 38 07 12 19 41-62 33 Relegated
> 19.Norwich City... 38 07 12 19 42-77 33 Relegeted
> 20.Southampton.... 38 06 14 18 45-66 32 Relegated
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
> Damn, I wished that Norwich or Southampton would have saved
> themselves. But West Brom is still beter than Crystal Palace :)
>
> Did you guys expected at the begining of the season that Southampton
> could have finished last??
>
> No Europe for Spurs or Villa again, unless they play in the
> Intertoto. I don't know if the English teams do that and how many
> places they get...

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:22:00 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Stalteri set for Spurs

never heard of him but hope he does well.

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Werder Bremen defender Paul Stalteri is leaving the Bundesliga to sign
> for English Premiership club Tottenham Hotspur on a four-year contract.
>
> Plenty of success
> The 27-year-old full-back, who can also play in midfield, has spent the
> past eight seasons at the Weserstadion, although did not make his first-
> team debut until August 2000. Since then he has established himself as
> a regular in the Bremen lineup, helping them to the German double in
> 2003/04 before appearing eight times in this season's Champions League.
>
> Trio of signings
> Canadian international Stalteri will be Tottenham's third new face next
> season with England Under-21 defender Tom Huddlestone and Finland
> midfielder Teemu Tainio agreeing in January to leave their clubs, Derby
> County FC and AJ Auxerre respectively, in the summer. Stalteri has been
> capped 49 times by his country, scoring six goals.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> This should be a good signing!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:47:11 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Stalteri set for Spurs

Enjoy your new player: http://paulstalteri.com/home.htm

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Morris"
<n_i_c_k_17@y...> wrote:
> never heard of him but hope he does well.
>
> nick
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Werder Bremen defender Paul Stalteri is leaving the Bundesliga to
sign
> > for English Premiership club Tottenham Hotspur on a four-year
contract.
> >
> > Plenty of success
> > The 27-year-old full-back, who can also play in midfield, has
spent the
> > past eight seasons at the Weserstadion, although did not make his
first-
> > team debut until August 2000. Since then he has established
himself as
> > a regular in the Bremen lineup, helping them to the German double
in
> > 2003/04 before appearing eight times in this season's Champions
League.
> >
> > Trio of signings
> > Canadian international Stalteri will be Tottenham's third new
face next
> > season with England Under-21 defender Tom Huddlestone and Finland
> > midfielder Teemu Tainio agreeing in January to leave their clubs,
Derby
> > County FC and AJ Auxerre respectively, in the summer. Stalteri
has been
> > capped 49 times by his country, scoring six goals.
> >
> > ---------------------------
> >
> > This should be a good signing!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:28:19 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Bohemians to play Gent

Bohemians will play AA Gent in the first round of the Intertoto Cup.
The Phibsborough club are at home in the first leg on June 18th /
19th and play away in Belgium one week later.

The winner progresses to a second round meeting against Czech or
Belarussian opponents in early July. A top Spanish side awaits the
winner in the third round later that month.

The draw was made last month but Bohemians were unsure which side
they would face as the Belgian league had yet to finish. Gent's 3-0
defeat to Standard Liege yesterday ensured a sixth spot finish.

Bohemians manager Gareth Farrelly is now planning a scouting mission
to see Gent finish their season against Westerlo next week.

In 2002, Gent beat St Patrick's Athletic on away goals in the second
round of the competition.

Bohemians are hoping to emulate Cork City who last year reached the
third round of the competition.

But to do so, they must improve on their own European form having
slumped to a 3-1 aggregate Uefa Cup qualifying defeat to Levadia
Tallinn last season.

In all, 61 teams contest the Intertoto Cup which offers a trio of
places in next season's Uefa Cup.

------------------------

An away game in Ireland, that's a great draw :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:42:53 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Chelsea bitchslap the scummers

I think it was the gay parenting thing though.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> fucking slut...gotta love her LOL
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
> <the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> > lol yes I know.
> > Apparently he's the child of some homosexual parenting and they
> have
> > no clue which last name he should carry... or his mother had a
> rather
> > exciting night and they can't figure out who the father is!
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > Vennegoor of Hesselink is just such a stupid name!
> > > In English this would be translated: Vennegoor or Hesselink :p
> > >
> > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
> > > <the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> > > > Well, it's just Chelsea's year.
> > > > Man Utd have lost a lot of the glamor they used to have. RvN
> not
> > > > scored since November until now? Geez... so THAT's why they
> were
> > > > looking for Vannegoor of Hesselink.
> > > >
> > > > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Bagley
> > > > <adrianbagley27@y...> wrote:
> > > > > Manchester United 1 Chelsea 3
> > > > >
> > > > > CHAMPIONS Chelsea pulled off one of the season's classiest
> > > comeback
> > > > wins - to humiliate Manchester United with a stack of new
> > records.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The Blues dictated the last half-hour to reach 94 points -
> > beating
> > > > United's Premiership record by two - as well as wrecking the
> > > unbeaten
> > > > home term of Alex Ferguson's full-strength side.
> > > > >
> > > > > Chelsea's recovery was so comprehensive that it mocked the
> > claims
> > > of
> > > > United boss Alex Ferguson and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger
> that
> > the
> > > > three teams are on a par.
> > > > >
> > > > > United's initial edge in urgency led to Ruud van Nistelrooy's
> > > > opener, but the Blues soon defied the absence of key men like
> John
> > > > Terry and Arjen Robben.
> > > > >
> > > > > The busy Tiago, for once outshining Frank Lampard and Claude
> > > > Makelele in midfield, hit a superb 30-yard leveller to
> underline
> > > > United's need for a new keeper.
> > > > >
> > > > > Then, when Chelsea finished much the stronger, Eidur
> Gudjohnsen
> > > > clipped a stylish second goal due as much to United's defensive
> > > > failings as the Blues' elegant probing.
> > > > >
> > > > > Joe Cole tucked in a late third from an offside position to
> add
> > an
> > > > irrelevant touch of injustice.
> > > > >
> > > > > It all left the Blues celebrating a ninth away win in a row
> and
> > a
> > > > staggering 20-point lead over third-placed United, who they
> have
> > > > beaten three times out of four this season.
> > > > >
> > > > > And Chelsea chief Jose Mourinho has still NEVER lost against
> > > United.
> > > > >
> > > > > Fergie had acknowledged the Blues' first title in 50 years by
> > > > ordering his players to form a pre-match guard of honour.
> > > > >
> > > > > Gary Neville, in particular, looked far from comfortable
> with
> > > that -
> > > > while other serial winners like Roy Keane and Paul Scholes
> must
> > > surely
> > > > have been equally fired up by the rare reversal of
> circumstances.
> > > > >
> > > > > Early on, then, Cristiano Ronaldo and main menace Wayne
> Rooney
> > > > regularly tested Chelsea's stand-in keeper Carlo Cudicini.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Then van Nistelrooy prodded in Rooney's seventh-minute cross-
> > shot
> > > > for his first Premiership goal since November.
> > > > >
> > > > > But United's long-known keeper problems resurfaced within 10
> > > minutes.
> > > > >
> > > > > Tiago found plenty of space to whip in a right-footer with
> > little
> > > > backlift that flew in off the top of the right post - Roy
> Carroll
> > > > barely moving, perhaps thinking the shot was going wide.
> > > > >
> > > > > Blues' duo Cole and Tiago promptly became the major
> influences
> > in
> > > > midfield.
> > > > >
> > > > > And United's limited response was flattered by Darren
> Fletcher
> > > > thundering a right-footer off the bar 10 minutes past the
> break.
> > > > >
> > > > > After that, though, it was Chelsea's rhythm and confidence
> that
> > > > improved - peaking with the type of breakaway strike that
> United
> > at
> > > > their best used to serve up regularly.
> > > > >
> > > > > One second Ronaldo was tumbling under Geremi's challenge on
> the
> > > edge
> > > > of the area.
> > > > >
> > > > > Then, almost before you could say "United are going to
> finish
> > > third
> > > > for the second season running," Tiago was sending Gudjohnsen
> > through
> > > > the middle to wait for Carroll to move and then dink the ball
> > > cleverly
> > > > in over the keeper's diving body.
> > > > >
> > > > > Cole completed United's misery as Old Trafford began to
> empty,
> > > > tucking home once Lampard had exposed gaps in the home defence
> to
> > > > cross from the left.
> > > > >
> > > > > Many of the United fans still present at the end clapped the
> > > Blues off.
> > > > >
> > > > > But scarcely half the ground was full by the time Fergie's
> men
> > > took
> > > > their supporters' muted applause following an indifferent
> > > Premiership
> > > > season.
> > > > >
> > > > > Just imagine being a scummer fan and watching your team lose
> > their
> > > > last home league game of the season to the champions Best
> thing
> > > about
> > > > the match? The Chelsea fans chanting "Easy! Easy! Easy!"
> > > > >
> > > > > Aid
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ---------------------------------
> > > > > How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday
> > snaps
> > > for
> > > > FREE with Yahoo! Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:45:34 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sedan spring another surprise

You may fire when ready :))

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel"
<manuelgon_1999@y...> wrote:
>
> that's the stupidest joke of your career LOL
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
> <the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> > If the win the whole thing we should rename them Sports Car.
> > ha ha
> > You may shoot me.
> >
> > --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> > <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > > Second division CS Sedan-Ardennes became unlikely French Cup
> > > finalists after surprising Ligue 1 high-flyers AS Monaco 1-0 at
> > Stade
> > > Louis II in today's second semi-final.
> > >
> > > Final hopes
> > > The Ligue 2 side will face AJ Auxerre at the Stade de France on
> 4
> > > June - their second final in six years and their fifth overall -
> > and
> > > will hope to go one better than their last final appearance, a
> > > slender 1-0 defeat by Nantes Atlantique in 1999. They stand
> every
> > > chance of lifting the trophy if they can repeat this performance
> > > against a lacklustre Monaco side, and fully deserved to go
> through
> > > after dominating their hosts for long periods of the game.
> > >
> > > Citony winner
> > > Monaco began brightest with Lucas Bernardi and Mohamed Kallon
> > drawing
> > > saves from Patrick Régnault, but Sedan were always a threat on
> the
> > > counterattack and went close through Mickaël Citony and Laurent
> > > Gagnier. The visitors began to take hold of the game after the
> > break,
> > > and it was Citony who delivered the decisive blow on 75 minutes.
> > The
> > > midfield player rounded Patrice Evrà and curled a left-footed
> shot
> > > past the helpless goalkeeper Flavio Roma to bring yet another
> upset
> > > in this year's competition.
> > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/footballcentral/FootballCen
> t
> > > ral/301634_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------
> > >
> > > What a humiliation. They didn't just lost, but were also
> dominated!
> > > Well done Sedan!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:50:58 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sheriff shoot to fifth straight title

There's a new Sheriff in town ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
I did it twice in a row!!!

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> FC Nistru Otaci's failure to defeat CSF Zimbru Chisinau handed FC
> Sheriff their fifth consecutive Moldovan First Division title at the
> weekend.
>
> Successful start
> Nistru opened the scoring after just three minutes through Yury
> Grosev but were pegged back by Serghey Clescenco's equaliser and had
> to settle for a 1-1 draw, leaving Sheriff ten points clear at the top
> with three weeks of the season remaining.
>
> Solid defence
> Sheriff were founded just eight years ago, but already have five
> Moldovan titles to their name as well as their 2003 Commonwealth Cup
> triumph. Leonid Kuchuk's team have lost just once in the league this
> season and conceded only eight goals in 24 matches.
>
>
> Table:
> 1.Sheriff Tiraspol 24 19 04 01 45-08 61 Champions
> 2.Nistru Otaci.... 25 16 03 06 41-17 51
> 3.Zimbru Chisinau. 25 11 07 07 26-11 40
> 4.Dacia Chisinau.. 25 12 03 10 31-27 39
>
>
> Champions since independence
> 1992... Zimbru Chisinau
> 1992/93 Zimbru Chisinau
> 1993/94 Zimbru Chisinau
> 1994/95 Zimbru Chisinau
> 1995/96 Zimbru Chisinau
> 1996/97 Constructorul Chisinau
> 1997/98 Zimbru Chisinau
> 1998/99 Zimbru Chisinau
> 1999/00 Zimbru Chisinau
> 2000/01 Sheriff Tiraspol
> 2001/02 Sheriff Tiraspol
> 2002/03 Sheriff Tiraspol
> 2003/04 Sheriff Tiraspol
> 2004/05 Sheriff Tiraspol
>
> Number of Titles (since independence)
> 8 Zimbru Chisinau
> 5 Sheriff Tiraspol
> 1 Constructorul Chisinau
>
> -------------------------------
>
> No surprises here

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:51:41 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Gorica storm to championship

My indoor football team in the US was named after Olimpija.

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Last week saw NK Gorica confirm their dominance in Slovenia as the
> defending champions secured another title and beat NK Publikum who
> had been their closest challengers earlier in the season.
>
> Gorica power
> The team from Nova Gorica were just too strong in the end - not just
> for Publikum but for all the pretenders. Pavel Pinni's team achieved
> the greatest consistency with no true stars but thanks to an
> efficient system and fine team spirit.
>
> Great shape
> Due to their run to the Champions League third qualifying round, they
> were in great shape going into the season and managed to maintain
> their form and togetherness throughout the campaign. Despite one
> short run of uncertain results, they left the rest with little hope
> of ending their First League reign. Their pole position was assured
> by a 1-0 win at Publikum on 14 May.
>
> Influential Pinni
> The club, founded in 1947 and in Slovenia's top flight since 1991,
> now celebrate a third title. Gorica were champions in 1996 and again
> last year, when they fought a thrilling battle with NK Maribor and
> Olimpija Ljubljana until the last round. Coach Pinni has been
> integral to their success and has signed a new contract along with
> captain Miran Srebrnic.
>
> UEFA Cup hopes
> With the title decided, attention has turned to the battle for second
> place and a 2005/06 UEFA Cup berth. With Publikum in third spot
> guaranteed UEFA Cup entry as Slovenian Cup finalists against this
> year's champions, the other teams fighting for Europe are NK Drava,
> NK Domžale and NK Primorje.
>
> Drava chance
> After two successive victories, second-placed Domzale are three
> points above Drava in fourth and closest to achieving UEFA Cup
> qualification - particularly as they have the most favourable run-in.
>
> Duricic in
> Seven-time champions Maribor lead the way in the relegation play-
> offs, and after a disappointing campaign the Ljudski Vrt club are
> looking to the future – Croatian coach Milan Duricic will replace
> Vojislav Simeunovic next season. Gorica and Publikum will contest the
> cup final at the Arena Petrol Stadium in Celje on 17 May.
>
>
> Table:
> 1.Gorica.. 29 18 08 03 47-21 62
> 2.Domzale. 29 13 08 08 42-33 47
> 3.Publikum 29 14 04 11 44-25 46
> 4.Drava... 29 12 08 09 36-31 44
> 5.Primorje 29 11 08 10 33-28 41
> 6.Olimpija 29 10 06 13 32-46 36
>
>
> Champions since independance
> 1991/92 Olimpija Ljubljana
> 1992/93 Olimpija Ljubljana
> 1993/94 Olimpija Ljubljana
> 1994/95 Olimpija Ljubljana
> 1995/96 HIT Gorica
> 1996/97 Maribor Branik
> 1997/98 Maribor Branik
> 1998/99 Maribor Branik
> 1999/00 Maribor Branik
> 2000/01 Maribor Branik
> 2001/02 Maribor Branik
> 2002/03 Maribor Branik
> 2003/04 ND Gorica
> 2004/05 ND Gorica
>
> Number of Titles
> 7 Maribor Branik
> 4 Olimpija Ljubljana
> 2 ND Gorica (includes HIT Gorica)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:53:34 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Stalteri set for Spurs

Share some with Villa! :P

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Werder Bremen defender Paul Stalteri is leaving the Bundesliga to sign
> for English Premiership club Tottenham Hotspur on a four-year contract.
>
> Plenty of success
> The 27-year-old full-back, who can also play in midfield, has spent the
> past eight seasons at the Weserstadion, although did not make his first-
> team debut until August 2000. Since then he has established himself as
> a regular in the Bremen lineup, helping them to the German double in
> 2003/04 before appearing eight times in this season's Champions League.
>
> Trio of signings
> Canadian international Stalteri will be Tottenham's third new face next
> season with England Under-21 defender Tom Huddlestone and Finland
> midfielder Teemu Tainio agreeing in January to leave their clubs, Derby
> County FC and AJ Auxerre respectively, in the summer. Stalteri has been
> capped 49 times by his country, scoring six goals.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> This should be a good signing!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 11
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:54:18 -0000
From: "THE FUGITIVE!" <the_13th_redneck@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Brugge claim Belgian crown

BOOO!!!! BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
:))

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
<jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> Club Brugge claimed their 13th Belgian First Division title with a 2-
> 2 draw against second-placed RSC Anderlecht in the penultimate round
> of fixtures.
>
> Zitka blunder
> Club Brugge knew they would guarantee a second championship under the
> guidance of coach Trond Sollied if they avoided defeat at Jan
> Breydelstadion, and they made the perfect start in the first minute
> when Nastja Ceh broke the deadlock. Anderlecht replied on 36 minutes
> when Hannu Tihinen headed in from the rebound after a Nenad Jestrovic
> shot hit the crossbar, but two minutes later it was Ceh who restored
> Brugge's lead when his cross flew into the net after a deflection off
> Vincent Kompany and a misjudgement by goalkeeper Daniel Zitka.
>
> Anderlecht consolation
> The visitors looked a better side in the second-half and were
> rewarded six minutes after the restart when Jestrovic headed an
> equaliser. But a winning goal proved elusive as Club Brugge
> maintained their six-point lead at the summit to seal the title.
> Anderlecht did receive some consolation, however, as the point proved
> sufficient to guarantee a Champions League second round place.
>
> UEFA Cup race
> Third place, which earns a UEFA Cup spot, will be decided on the
> final weekend of the season. Current occupants, Standard de Liège
> secured a 3-0 win against KAA Gent with two goals from Cedric Roussel
> and a Sergio Conceiçao penalty. Dominique D'onofrio's side remain two
> points clear of KRC Genk, who overcame Charleroi SC 2-0 to move clear
> of their opponents in fourth place and end their European
> aspirations, courtesy of goals from Nenad Stojanovic and Tom Soetaers
> in the final 30 minutes.
>
> Duo drop
> At the bottom, the relegation places were decided after KV Oostende
> and RAEC Mons were both defeated 2-0 to leave them four points adrift
> of safety with just one game remaining. Two goals from La Louviére's
> Wagner Eloi confirmed Oostende's relegation, and Mons will join them
> after Marcin Zewlakow scored twice for Excelsoir Mouscron to help
> preserve their top-flight status.
>
> Lierse triumph
> Elsewhere, Belgian Cup finalists and UEFA Cup qualifiers KFC Germinal
> Beerschot defeated Sint Truiden 3-1, while Lierse SK and FC Brussels
> won against KSC Lokeren and Cercle Brugge, respectively. KVC
> Westerlo's encounter with KSK Beveren ended in a 1-1 draw.
>
>
> Table:
> 1.Club Brugge 33 24 02 07 81-22 79
> 2.Anderlecht. 33 22 04 07 73-33 73
> 3.Standard... 33 21 06 06 63-29 69
> 4.RC Genk.... 33 20 06 07 56-36 67
> 5.Charleroi.. 33 18 08 07 45-33 61
> 6.AA Gent.... 33 17 11 05 45-36 56
>
>
> Scorers:
> 17 goals: Nenad Jestrovic (Anderlecht)
> 16 goals: Kevin Vandenbergh (Racing Genk)
> 15 goals: Sambegou Bangoura (Standard)
> 15 goals: Rune Lange (Club Brugge)
> 14 goals: Aliyu Datti (Mons)
> 14 goals: Marcin Zewlakow (Mouscron)
> 13 goals: Aruna Dindane (Anderlecht)
> 13 goals: Gert Verheyen (Club Brugge)
>
>
> Last champions:
> 1996 Club Brugge
> 1997 Lierse SK (Club Brugge second)
> 1998 Club Brugge
> 1999 Racing Genk (Club Brugge second)
> 2000 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
> 2001 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
> 2002 Racing Genk (Club Brugge second)
> 2003 Club Brugge
> 2004 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
> 2005 Club Brugge
>
> Number of Titles per Club
> 27 Anderlecht
> 13 Club Brugge
> 11 Union
> 07 Beerschot
> 07 Standard
>
> ****************************************************
>
> You'll never walk alone prematch:
> http://users.telenet.be/1891/movie/ynwa.wmv
>
> Club Brugge-Anderlecht highlights:
> http://users.telenet.be/1891/movie/boeren_nekken.wmv
>
> Some nice pictures:
> http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/footballcentral/FootballCent
> ral/300787_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg
> http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03367.jpg
> http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03373.jpg
> http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03377.jpg
> http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03388.jpg
> http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03406.jpg
> http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03411.jpg
> http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/33//bvb1283.jpg
> http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/33//bvb1348.jpg
>
> *************************************
>
> No words needed :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 12
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:10:01 -0000
From: "Nick Morris" <n_i_c_k_17@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Stalteri set for Spurs

we'll loan u atouba and gardner. maybe johnnie jackson if ur lucky ;)

nick

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
<the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> Share some with Villa! :P
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Werder Bremen defender Paul Stalteri is leaving the Bundesliga to
sign
> > for English Premiership club Tottenham Hotspur on a four-year
contract.
> >
> > Plenty of success
> > The 27-year-old full-back, who can also play in midfield, has
spent the
> > past eight seasons at the Weserstadion, although did not make his
first-
> > team debut until August 2000. Since then he has established
himself as
> > a regular in the Bremen lineup, helping them to the German double in
> > 2003/04 before appearing eight times in this season's Champions
League.
> >
> > Trio of signings
> > Canadian international Stalteri will be Tottenham's third new face
next
> > season with England Under-21 defender Tom Huddlestone and Finland
> > midfielder Teemu Tainio agreeing in January to leave their clubs,
Derby
> > County FC and AJ Auxerre respectively, in the summer. Stalteri has
been
> > capped 49 times by his country, scoring six goals.
> >
> > ---------------------------
> >
> > This should be a good signing!

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 13
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:57:54 -0000
From: "jer_vanlint" <jer_vanlint@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Brugge claim Belgian crown

Did you check the "You'll never walk alone" file downhere? It's
nice :)

--- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "THE FUGITIVE!"
<the_13th_redneck@y...> wrote:
> BOOO!!!! BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
> :))
>
> --- In worldsoccerclub2@yahoogroups.com, "jer_vanlint"
> <jer_vanlint@y...> wrote:
> > Club Brugge claimed their 13th Belgian First Division title with
a 2-
> > 2 draw against second-placed RSC Anderlecht in the penultimate
round
> > of fixtures.
> >
> > Zitka blunder
> > Club Brugge knew they would guarantee a second championship under
the
> > guidance of coach Trond Sollied if they avoided defeat at Jan
> > Breydelstadion, and they made the perfect start in the first
minute
> > when Nastja Ceh broke the deadlock. Anderlecht replied on 36
minutes
> > when Hannu Tihinen headed in from the rebound after a Nenad
Jestrovic
> > shot hit the crossbar, but two minutes later it was Ceh who
restored
> > Brugge's lead when his cross flew into the net after a deflection
off
> > Vincent Kompany and a misjudgement by goalkeeper Daniel Zitka.
> >
> > Anderlecht consolation
> > The visitors looked a better side in the second-half and were
> > rewarded six minutes after the restart when Jestrovic headed an
> > equaliser. But a winning goal proved elusive as Club Brugge
> > maintained their six-point lead at the summit to seal the title.
> > Anderlecht did receive some consolation, however, as the point
proved
> > sufficient to guarantee a Champions League second round place.
> >
> > UEFA Cup race
> > Third place, which earns a UEFA Cup spot, will be decided on the
> > final weekend of the season. Current occupants, Standard de Liège
> > secured a 3-0 win against KAA Gent with two goals from Cedric
Roussel
> > and a Sergio Conceiçao penalty. Dominique D'onofrio's side remain
two
> > points clear of KRC Genk, who overcame Charleroi SC 2-0 to move
clear
> > of their opponents in fourth place and end their European
> > aspirations, courtesy of goals from Nenad Stojanovic and Tom
Soetaers
> > in the final 30 minutes.
> >
> > Duo drop
> > At the bottom, the relegation places were decided after KV
Oostende
> > and RAEC Mons were both defeated 2-0 to leave them four points
adrift
> > of safety with just one game remaining. Two goals from La
Louviére's
> > Wagner Eloi confirmed Oostende's relegation, and Mons will join
them
> > after Marcin Zewlakow scored twice for Excelsoir Mouscron to help
> > preserve their top-flight status.
> >
> > Lierse triumph
> > Elsewhere, Belgian Cup finalists and UEFA Cup qualifiers KFC
Germinal
> > Beerschot defeated Sint Truiden 3-1, while Lierse SK and FC
Brussels
> > won against KSC Lokeren and Cercle Brugge, respectively. KVC
> > Westerlo's encounter with KSK Beveren ended in a 1-1 draw.
> >
> >
> > Table:
> > 1.Club Brugge 33 24 02 07 81-22 79
> > 2.Anderlecht. 33 22 04 07 73-33 73
> > 3.Standard... 33 21 06 06 63-29 69
> > 4.RC Genk.... 33 20 06 07 56-36 67
> > 5.Charleroi.. 33 18 08 07 45-33 61
> > 6.AA Gent.... 33 17 11 05 45-36 56
> >
> >
> > Scorers:
> > 17 goals: Nenad Jestrovic (Anderlecht)
> > 16 goals: Kevin Vandenbergh (Racing Genk)
> > 15 goals: Sambegou Bangoura (Standard)
> > 15 goals: Rune Lange (Club Brugge)
> > 14 goals: Aliyu Datti (Mons)
> > 14 goals: Marcin Zewlakow (Mouscron)
> > 13 goals: Aruna Dindane (Anderlecht)
> > 13 goals: Gert Verheyen (Club Brugge)
> >
> >
> > Last champions:
> > 1996 Club Brugge
> > 1997 Lierse SK (Club Brugge second)
> > 1998 Club Brugge
> > 1999 Racing Genk (Club Brugge second)
> > 2000 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
> > 2001 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
> > 2002 Racing Genk (Club Brugge second)
> > 2003 Club Brugge
> > 2004 Anderlecht (Club Brugge second)
> > 2005 Club Brugge
> >
> > Number of Titles per Club
> > 27 Anderlecht
> > 13 Club Brugge
> > 11 Union
> > 07 Beerschot
> > 07 Standard
> >
> > ****************************************************
> >
> > You'll never walk alone prematch:
> > http://users.telenet.be/1891/movie/ynwa.wmv
> >
> > Club Brugge-Anderlecht highlights:
> > http://users.telenet.be/1891/movie/boeren_nekken.wmv
> >
> > Some nice pictures:
> >
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/footballcentral/FootballCent
> > ral/300787_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg
> > http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03367.jpg
> > http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03373.jpg
> > http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03377.jpg
> > http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03388.jpg
> > http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03406.jpg
> > http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/32//DSC03411.jpg
> > http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/33//bvb1283.jpg
> > http://www.clubbrugge.be/img/fotoreportages/33//bvb1348.jpg
> >
> > *************************************
> >
> > No words needed :)

________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldsoccerclub2/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
worldsoccerclub2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home